rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photo's at Paipopalooza
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I should offer the qualifier that the thing held a waterproof single use camera, and wasn't a camera itself. Hope I find info - things like this give me a raging case of obsessive/compulsive angst, which no amount of handwashing will help... Wink
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Found it... Reply with quote

Okay, this bloody camera holder popped up on E-Bay and someone was kind enough to let me know. Following is the photo. I guess the guy has about 200 left and they are "discontinued". Made to hold single-use cameras.

Phantom
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: ...Tube shot? Not. Reply with quote

Whoops. The camera on the arm is pointing the wrong way, unless the goal is to capture the users mugshot. Way too much padding, creating paddling bulk.Don`t bid higher twelve shekels.One can be made at home.
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whoops. The camera on the arm is pointing the wrong way, unless the goal is to capture the users mugshot.

I think you misread the photo - that's looking at the back of the hand and top of forearm. You would have to bend your arm to look out the viewfinder/aim blindly and take the shot in front. Absolutely right about paddling hassles any way you look at it, except on a bodyboard or paipo where you could put your arm across.

Twisted Evil However, if it was designed to take photos of the holder (or turned around), then we could probably sell a bunch of them to Pedestrians who want their own "cover shots". Maybe we should corner the market now...
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cripes, put a tide watch on the thing with a little strap stitched on and you'd have the longboard accessory market sewed up. Reminds me of those godawful huge leather watchbands from the '70s.
Phantom
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: perhaps.... Reply with quote

Perhaps. is the lens pointed towards us in the photo? As for looking through the viewfinder, I would feel like a damn tourist doing that. Pay attention to the wave, and get dialed aiming the wrist.
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ja Phantom, my take is we look right at the lens in the photo. Plus the frame advance is on stage left on that camera. I could see some fun possibilities with that, but I guess nothing you couldn't do just holding one in your hand. At least this thing keeps your hands free when paddling out.

Maybe this summer we could put up POV crowd shots from all our favorite secret spots.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: