rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Personal Archives

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon Davey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Personal Archives Reply with quote

On reaching one's middle years , one inevitably wonders how many waves will be left to enjoy. Today I added another 21 to my total.
Does anyone else keep a record or log of some kind so that in one's dotage one will at least be able to go back over the archives in the hope of reliving, by memory at least, each session in the water?
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to keep a log of the waves every day, how big, tide, what swell direction etc. Never looked at it afterward however which made the effort seem without a point...As much as I'd like to hang on to the good days I find I am much more interested in the next swell coming up.
mrmike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all days in the water are good days Cool
bgreen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live about an hour from the surf so can't check/log it every day. When younger I used to keep weather maps with the swell size - this was when I lived on the coast so I could learn about forecasting.

Now I take photos on trips away - when I usually get the best surf. Good to check on sometimes after a big work day or no surf time.

Bob
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to keep a story log on my surf trips -- in the last 10 yrs or so most of these get posted to my website. Usually without many pics because the places I travel to overseas aren't very secure to be leaving cameras and such in the car. Many times the notes of the trip are laying around somewhere and just don't quite reach completion so there are some real "blanks" in the draft reports.

Guess it goes without saying... my reports of Costa Rica and Puerto Rico usually use code names for the spots that I am riding.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: