rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paipo Gathering in SoCal - Oct 16 or 17, 2010
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Paipo Gathering in SoCal - Oct 16 or 17, 2010 Reply with quote

Uncle Grumpy will be filling in the details soon. Location being discussed is at or around San Onofre (but not Old Man's) or San Clemente - maybe swell conditions dependent. California guys know a lot more about options for camping in the area. Just wanted to alert folks so they can mark their calendars.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.
Soulglider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: cknlv nj Reply with quote

me too!
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a little chatter going on in Facebook but may want to expand on that here as well as far as camping availability.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mrmike

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me also
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paipopalooza 2010!

Mark Your Calendars! & Make Your Reservations!

Our intrepid host will be staying through the weekend at our place and I wish we had enough room to host the whole crew but our house is small and the 50+ year old plumbing is simply not up to the task....
Rod had mentioned a possible one day affair (Sunday) to me as he figures he may be busy doing reasearch on Saturday but I suggest we make it a two day gig so it's more worthwhile for those who have a longer drive and Rod can join us when he's finished his studies....
What say you all?

For those who care to camp, San Mateo Campground and San Clemente State Beach Campground will still be open, unfortunately the bluff camp at SanO closes at the beginning of Oct.. Don't know about space availability............
There are also several nearby motels of varying quality/price.

I'm hoping to get us all together for food and drink on Saturday night; whether we do it here or at a campsite can be discussed.
I'm perfectly happy to host the evening here but not sure if folks would want to leave their campsites...?

As far as where we end up surfing, let's leave that open to discussion.
There's no shortage of surfspots around San Clemente and October's typically beautiful...

Feel free to PM if you want my Ph.#

Mark Your Calendars! & Make Your Reservations!
mrmike

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just going to drive up for the day (10-17-2010) just tell me were ? I try to get kyle and larry to go. Cool
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to camp at San Clemente State Beach (not the Trestles campground)...Kyle? Tim? Gino? Anyone else? How about that guy from Bako? I cleared my work schedule Thursday through Sunday. Almost Oktoberfest...I bring German Stuka Paipo and Pumpkin Beer.
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah,
Is the San Clemente better than the San Mateo- San Onofre site? I am woefully ignorant of details, only that the San Mateo campground has hot showers, and is closer to trestles? I am looking for your supreme local type knowledge. I am also thinking a thursday thru sunday type visit. It's not worth it for me to come down for just a day, in my car that's a full day of driving.
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Clemente State Beach Campground is a couple miles north of Trestles/ Cotton's Point and located on the bluff above the beach. This area is usually hard breaking shore pound but on the right swell/tide can be hollow and good.
North of the campground is the T(rafalgar) Street Reef and a little farther up the beach is the SC pier, then 2nd spot, Linda Lane, 204 and North Beach.

San Mateo Campground is on the inland side of the freeway adjacent to Trestles. It's about a mile and a half or so walk to the beach.
The Trestles, Cotton's Point spots are point breaks and always crowded on weekends but there can be very excellent waves.

We will eliminate the San O surf beach as it's mostly a longboard spot and not very swim fin friendly..

Just south past the Nuke plant is "Trails" a long stretch of mostly uncrowded rock reef/beach breaks. The Trails require a short
hike down a steep dirt road.
If you want to surf the Tresles area a bike is a blessing.

Dependent on swell /tide are other decent breaks in town also.
http://www.san-clemente.org/cameras/hqcamera.aspx
Soulglider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: csa Reply with quote

wherever is good. sunday is out for me and i'm not sure if i'll have work by then, i've been out since march but, hopefully i wont and i'll be able to camp but at least saturday will work, at the very least.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly second the notion of a multi-day event - a couple campground fire meals sound good as well.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shorter walk to the beach is really important to me....plus just walking over to the bluff to look up and down the coast. I plan on 3 days Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Thursday will be my prep day.

There's also a little ampitheater at the Clemente campground. Maybe we could get Toby and Skip to give a talk about customer relations. And just a short walk to the Baha'i Church, so maybe Mr. Y will come and pay us a visit.
Soulglider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: c Reply with quote

poob,

if you're getting a site count me in and maybe 2 more. i will put feelers out, once i find them.
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. San Clemente, sounds great. There will probably be multiple campsites? What is the best section of the park?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: