rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paipo Gathering in SoCal - Oct 16 or 17, 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sites that are the furthest from the freeway and closest to the beach are the group sites and sites 80-99.
Perhaps you guys should think about a group site?
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Group sites are (gulp) $250 a night... I don't think we'll have that many. At first it seemed like there were a lot of sites available but now they're taken. All the 80-99 sites are booked. 121, 123, 125 are adjacent. I'm going to reserve 121, anyone who would like to share is welcome. If we grab all those sites that would seem to be plenty.
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes!
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kage wrote:
I'm going to reserve 121, anyone who would like to share is welcome. If we grab all those sites that would seem to be plenty.

I took the two sites by Kage (F, Sa, & Su). So we now have parking for 9 cars and are allowed 24 people...that should be enough. At the moment Space #143 is available. It's kind of bare looking, but it's next to the other 3 sites we have now. Maybe the day trippers might want to reserve that spot for two days just to guarantee day use parking close to the group??
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The former owner of the bonzer and the slingshot paipos made by Pat Flecky may be coming to the paipo riders gathering - he lives in Central Calif. - Grover Beach (near San Luis Obispo).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to send out a couple of emails to non-Forum participants on the when's and where's to meet-up during the 3-day gathering. Is it fair to assume that Saturday will be a central day of gathering, surf and wining & dining?

Name and link of Campground?
Do we need to reserve a (parking) site for day trippers?
How far is the general public parking from the campsites?
Surfing area(s) we will probably go to - I won't have my cell phone out in the water!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it fair to assume that Saturday will be a central day of gathering, surf and wining & dining?

I think that is a fair assumption.

Quote:
Name and link of Campground?

San Clemente State Beach

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=646

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/646/files/sanclemente.pdf

Quote:
How far is the general public parking from the campsites?

There is some day use parking, close to the campsites, which are up on the bluff and there is also a public, city operated lot (Calafia) down at the beach.

http://san-clemente.org/sc/rec/beach/maps/beachmaps.aspx

Quote:
Surfing area(s) we will probably go to - I won't have my cell phone out in the water!

State Beach, Riviera, T(rafalgar) Street, possibly Cotton's Point, Trestles and San Onofre.
The beach break at State Beach can be excellent or awful. Confused
A mile or two in either direction will put you on either point breaks or reef breaks.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Uncle Grumpy!
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are getting excited? Paipo gathering coming up? Eh eh eh?
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM EXCITED!!! Been in San Diego the past several days hitting up the Special Collections Branch of the SDSU Library for books/magazines that are not available via Inter Library Loan back home. No time to surf! But that will change in the days/weeks coming up.

See ya'll soon.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure....but I was a little nervous last week with the long range weather forcast. It looks fine now.

Somethings to look forward to....I will be dusting off an actual vintage Paipo Nui for people to ride. Also a chance to ride my latest crime against the status quo...a wood bellyboard with handles on the bottom of the board. They look like little keel fins on the rails, but they are meant to be handles.
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: FWIW Reply with quote

I just got a phone call from Geoff Myers.
He's the owner of Leucadia Surf Shop; long time surf shop owner and big time paipo collector.
I'd made a point of stopping by his shop a couple weeks ago to tell him about our gathering, Rod's research and this site and I left him one of my business cards....
He called today to tell me he is breaking out some of his extensive stash of vintage boards for sale/viewing at his shop.
I get the feeling he thinks we are all board collectors but it might be worth a peek and if you have the cash I know he has a heap of bitchen old school belly boards in his hoard.
I have no idea what kind of money he wants for 'em. Question

Conditions are looking pretty good for next weekend; if the wind doesn't blow too hard between now and then we may still be in spring suits........... C YA SOON Cool
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are all very rich and yet eccentric board collectors who only pretend to be poor and scruffy. Surf shop owners, board builders, and fin manufacturers should all come to the gathering and distribute their swag, beer, t-shirts, etc.
Soulglider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: ddd Reply with quote

i'm apprenticing at a job now so i wont be sleeping there. i can make it up saturday. where is the meet going to be held exactly?
mrmike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me also except for the job part Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: