rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Ply Bellyboards!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrmike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen! Lets all get back to sliding some waves and have some FUN Very Happy
kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys! I'd had a few beers when I responded to that one. I was trying to take it humorously but reading over my reply it didn't really come out like I intended.

Rod, I'd love to see pics of that Bonzer idea of yours, and Mike, please stop posting pictures of your boards on my threads. Your level of craftsmanship makes me look bad!!! Just kidding! Keep them coming, and just how many boards are there in your shed now????

www.deluxepaipo.com
mrmike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell my wife I only have 10. good thing she never looks in the shed where their are another 20 or so. only sold 4 this summer. oh well back to makeing another board Laughing
puurri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kid wrote:
puurri wrote:
My reaction is that there has been little documented progress in the genre and many are dredging up things that have little/poor performance. The ply ones I saw many of in the early 60's yet the nostalgia buffs continue to think them as the duck's guts.

FFS read Barry Hutchin's interview for some direction as to how it might be

I was there at the forefront, not dicking around in some new century retrowank.

Get real eh?

Ha Ha!!!!!! Thats got to be a parody yeah???? If it is, then its hilarious!

OooooH!!! There at the forefront!!!! Ya big pioneer you!

If that's a serious comment then I think you might have the wrong forum! Go back to Swaylocks!

Surfing, and especially bellyboarding, just isn't that serious. I grew up in a country where NOT getting shot meant you were having a good day! That's slightly serious! Get over yourself mate!

"Get real".....about plywood..Ha Ha..that's excellent!!!!

Yep. FWIW progress or regress. But I posit that many of you have not read the interviews esp on design and continue to ride your retro dickdraggers.
mrmike

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow somebody need some more chillout pills or some more wackey weed Cool
geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puuri, read the referenced Hutchins interview. Curious as to what you are getting at. Could you elaborate, be more specific? Hutchins has not even surfed for years and all he talked about was what he was doing "back in the day"... Don't just spew the negative, give us the gift of your positive foresight, eh?
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what pray tell, are you riding Puurri?
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants to see what a really super progressive belly board is all about.
Show us your rides.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puuri, help us along here. You mentioned in an earlier posting of building a board that has design features similar to Hutchin's board. How did it work? Photos please. Also, please complete the Paipo History Online Survey Form at: http://mypaipoboards.org/riders/YourPaipoHistory.shtml

I mentioned elsewhere that a paipo bonzer may be part of my future. Of course, there are many variations of a bonzer but the one posted on the forums seems to feature some design similarities to the board you mentioned.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
puurri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Board is to a similar outline but with a few refinements. Rails are developed further and the hydro step has been refined.

That's right, Barry hasn't surfed regularly.

I have about 20 hours up with abt another 4 to go plus install the fin boxes and glass job. Still working on it. The fins will be FCS but to a different profile.
kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

puurri wrote:
^ Board is to a similar outline but with a few refinements. Rails are developed further and the hydro step has been refined.

That's right, Barry hasn't surfed regularly.

I have about 20 hours up with abt another 4 to go plus install the fin boxes and glass job. Still working on it. The fins will be FCS but to a different profile.

That sounds cool! Pics please?

See....you can post useful info without having to slam what other people are doing. If you look at the pics I posted, I agree, the ply bellyboard is an old design. But I'm playing around with things like concaves and rail outlines to see how these things can be improved. What you're describing sounds interesting, but there's nothing new or groundbreaking there either. In surfing, it's all been done before. Its about the fun. End of story!

www.deluxepaipo.com
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Rodgers...Mr. Rodgers, Kid just used the F-word.

Not the first time I heard that recently. One of the local guys here in town has been neglecting his foam and glass boards to ride something that looks like it came from the foreskin of plywood paipo development. A (gasp!) plywood stinger. His excuse for this shameless regressive behaviour..."it was fun."
puurri

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodndtube wrote:
Puuri, help us along here. You mentioned in an earlier posting of building a board that has design features similar to Hutchin's board. How did it work? Photos please. Also, please complete the Paipo History Online Survey Form at: http://mypaipoboards.org/riders/YourPaipoHistory.shtml

I mentioned elsewhere that a paipo bonzer may be part of my future. Of course, there are many variations of a bonzer but the one posted on the forums seems to feature some design similarities to the board you mentioned.

Thanks!

Bob Green has been on my back to contribute but I can't add much (if any) to what he asked.

Photos and lines plan with stations in due course.

BTW anyone heard lately from that serial pest Roy from Unzud? He's been pitched from Swaylocks and hangs at the timber hollow wooden board site.
kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to get emails from Roy once in a while, but I haven't heard anything for a a good 6 months or so!

Speaking of fun, here's my latest paipo. Its 46' long, 21' tail, 16' nose. I's 12mm ply with 1' spoon on the nose. I rode it in 2-3ft clean waves today, and it feels nearly as fast as the HPD-style board, but it holds in on a much steeper part of the wave. I love the speed of the HPD but it is very difficult to hold the edge in the barrel. I find the lip always lands on the outside rail. This new board sits high and tight in the pocket, but still outruns the barrel really easily. I ride it in the classic "superman" style as this seems to balance my weight over the board, rather than having my legs dragging behind me.

www.deluxepaipo.com
mrmike

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am makeing one sort of like it now I will send pic's when it is done. sold two boards this week now I have some more room. I hope to see these people on this forum soon. Cool
bgreen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride wood and foam boards. They all have their place.

My favourite quote, is from a couple of guys overheard in a carpark by my friend Lud - "Did you see the lid on a piece of wood".

For the heaviest conditions that I surf I'll take a fibreglass board out, but a piece of wood is the best board in many other conditions.

I think what BJ does is to test different designs and see what he can learn from them. It's a lot of fun seeing if you can get some of these designs to work.

Bob
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: