rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what do you like in a board

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrmike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: what do you like in a board Reply with quote

What do you like in a board ? thick or thin, long or short, homemade or baught, foam or wood. and why.what winds your clock Question

kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wood. Home and handmade. Thin and flexy! 3-5 ft long 12-16 inches wide! I can fit 5 in a boardbag, and 3 under the seat of the car!

www.deluxepaipo.com
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: what do you like in a board Reply with quote

Fiberglass & foam, 50 inches long, between 20-21 inches wide and 2 to 2-1/2 inches thick. Relatively little rocker (~2"), soft rails forward and hard rails to the rear, wide tail, relatively parallel rails (boards are 18" wide at 12" from nose and tail), 3-fins with small side bites (~2") with minimal toe-in and a 4 to 5 inch center fin that has 4 inches to roam forward and aft. I like a board builder that can shape to spec and use quality materials.

I ride this basic shape in surf ranging from 2 to 12 feet, depending upon MY SHAPE... my board's fitness is proven Smile A longtime single board rider, I now have to boards, one for good, punchy waves (the thinner, narrower board) and the other for softer, less powerful waves (the wider, thicker board).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on my mood and the surf conditions.
My quiver is extensive and varied and I ride whatever feels right for the moment. Cool
rickm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Rod...sorta because the only paipo I've ridden extensively has been his old Red. A few years ago I took out a bodyboard style paipo but that didn't feel right. I've been dying to try an HPD but haven't had the chance yet. I still need to submit and make a plywood board for my fall trips.

On red, I like her sexy curves....sweet nose...tail that isn't too big and her lovely points. Very Happy
Soulglider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: cas Reply with quote

hmmmmmmm. i have a pile of boards. my favs are all foam. the wood ones are ok but...just aint my style.

42" x19x3/4 with 6oz glass top and bottom, finless with a huge concave in the tail. its a copy of the thing i bought from M r mike.

a 5' version i shaped of the above board. really flys and it loves the barrel.

current favorite boarrd is a Fineline hull bottom single fin. 4'11x21x1.75, dished out nose to about .75, knifey rails. its a greenough velo outline thingy, hauls bumm, fits in the pocket, loves to climb and drop, i make sections like i have never made before at super fast places. the best thing about it is that its fun to kneeride too!

currently, i have a few other boards with the belly/ knee riding thing in mind. 5'6, 5'8 and a 5'9. all hull bottoms, greenough outlines but by 3 different shapers. all 3 are thinnish (i'm 230lbs). 2 are single fins and the 3rd is a single fin with 2 old scholl bonzer fins in it. no concaves tho!
geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must confess, so far after surfing 40+ years very regularly, my favorite ever ride is my Neumatic mat designed and built by Dale Solomonson. Super fast, tons of glide, carves and holds in like crazy yet easy to break loose and slide if needed, can deflate and take out underwater if surf too turbulent and no channels though I do not enjoy that much. Did I mention the cushy feel of lying on an air mattress in the water? Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: