rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paul Lindbergh's "Hawaii Paipo Designs"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Web Pages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Paul Lindbergh's "Hawaii Paipo Designs" Reply with quote

Hawaii Paipo Designs
a paipo builder's commercial site
http://www.paipo.com/

Paul Lindbergh has developed a method of producing a fiberglass version of the ancient wooden paipoboard. Be sure to visit his history with the paipo board in "The Story."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawaii Paipo Designs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy You know these boards that Hawaii Paipo Designs makes are not new ways of making ancient paipo boards.
They are new way of making a very advanced paipo that was developed around 1960. It's not an ancient board or shape. To the contrary, it was pretty much the final chapter in paipo development.
Paipo development was cut off with the invention of polyethylene when the boogie board was born. Sad thing for some but the Paipo shape that Hawaii Paipo Designs makes was the last in the evolution of this type of board. It is an incredibly hot board. It really smoked everything that came before it (and after it) (especially sponges). Generally speaking, Paipo development was cut off by the invention of the sponge.
HPD's shape came after all the traditional paipo shapes, (The slot bottom, the fish tail shape, the twin fin, the big paipos, and many miscellaneous shapes) . A lot of these boards you will see being made again today. Many of them are very beautiful. Very retro. They all worked really well. HPD's boards are still very different. I am pleased to see so many people getting back into paipo boarding. Hopefully we will (all of us) develop something really new.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the clarification, Paul. I wasn't sure how long the HPD shape had been around or when/who/where it had been developed. I noticed that your web site is more fully developed now and look forward to exploring it in the near future.

Also, as you know, we use a very broad definition for paipo boards here - basically any prone riding vehicle that is not a sponge.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bgreen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

I was looking through the photos on your site - some of the boards 'Wood paipo on the rocks', "Five Wooden Paipos Sitting on the Beach" (boards on the left) don't look 30" wide like the more modern boards. How wide were these earlier boards?

Bob
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Paul Lindbergh's "Hawaii Paipo Designs" Reply with quote

rodndtube wrote:
Hawaii Paipo Designs
a paipo builder's commercial site
http://www.paipo.com/

Paul Lindbergh has developed a method of producing a fiberglass version of the ancient wooden paipoboard. Be sure to visit his history with the paipo board in "The Story."

Test.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Web Pages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: