rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What produces Speed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrmike

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you said it no wetsuit would nice for a change Very Happy
global ernie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: unsure of data Reply with quote

i stated 10% per fin, something tells me it was 10% total drag for all 3 fins.info came from hydro-engineering dept. at cardiff uni, wales.. just happens that a few of the team are surfers and had developed a CAD programme for surfcraft. details included comparitive drag from FCS sytems to glass ons also to degree of diameter of the glass on fillets ie 5mm to 10mm etc. dont remember the URL as was about 6 years ago when i looked at it.
kernowpaipo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Andy,

Great shot and interesting to hear the fins made a difference. Was the board in the photo the standard board that you make?

A potential interview topic.

regards

Bob

Thanks Bob

It has from my standard template - a happy accident gave the board a bit more bottom concave than I planned. The guys who have been riding her have also done 360s and barrel rolls so there is manoeuvrability and speed!

heres some shots of the trio of the boards - all from one log:

Middle board is the one in the water shot

cheers
Andy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: