rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hansen Bellyboard
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> For Sale, Wanted or Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Hansen Bellyboard Reply with quote

Anyone ever own one?

This one is for sale for $425.00

It's in excellent condition.
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that yours or one you want a valuation on?
Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one I found on sale over at Aloha Cruz.
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah.... not having seen the bottom, beware of cut-down busted ol' longboards. That bright red kinda gives me a thought that that's what it might be. Busted, thrashed longboards with paint/pigmented new hotcoats that just barely show the decal are a scam that's been going on for a while, notably with Noll Cats redone in black.

Notice that the color isn't in the cut lamination, where you'd expect it to be on a Hansen of that era, it doesn't follow the lamination at all. It's a hotcoat job. If you look at it, you can kinda see where it might be a longboard nose section with a relocated Hansen screw-through fin box and fin. Opaque hotcoated to hide rail dings, brown munged foam and such. The location of the decal is not where you'd expect it to be on a board built as a bellyboard either, you'd expect it far more towards the nose.

Let alone paying $425 for the thing. Gah...... I'd shine it on, myself.
Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

having just had a look at the aloha cruz site, out of curiosity.....

http://www.aloha-cruz.com/boardpage.htm

What a load of absolute crap!! They want $1200 for a Velzy popout, over $600 for a Dave Sweet I wouldn't waste the gasoline to burn, the same for a Weber that won't even make a decent coffee table and the crowning glory is the $745 Corky Carroll model , looking worse than a board I have at the shop as a rental. Two words describe that place;

Rip Off!!!!!!!!!!

I've been in the surf biz for something like 30 years, and I am utterly amazed by what an utter, complete load of junk they have and what's more, are asking real American money for. Look in the eBay 'completed items' search for 'surfboard hobie' or 'surfboard longboard' to get an idea of what these things actually sell for, not these ripoff prices. Again, I'm blown away that these aloha cruz people have the insane nerve to ask that kind of money for complete junk. Steer clear of 'em.
Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one takes the cake, I think they want $300 for it

It's funny except it's not

doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And having seen the bottom and tail pictures..... notice how they are down, hard rails. They didn't make those tails or rails when the screw through Hansens were in production. It was rounded 50/50 stuff, like that Dextra on your page or the no-name in the picture below. That Hansen's a remake.

Oh yeah, DEFINITELY shine that one on

doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah huh- I remember the mid-70s, when somebody would want to trade in a board in that kind of shape, when it had all gone to 7'6"s. And my answer would be 'Look, kid, here's five bucks - take it away and burn it, willya? '

This is taking caveat emptor to a whole new level.
Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, even when it comes to spoons - unless I could get a used one in great shape (that one on ebay looked good) and for a good price...like bellyboards, I'd just prefer paying someone to make a new one, custom.

When it comes to paying real money, it has to be custom in my book and specific for my use.

All I want now is one of Dale's mats and a HPD SR flexi paipo.

But, I think it is important to look at and try everything.

All those old bellyboards with that painted over look are kinda scary....and the brown foam....it looks like someone smoke cartons of unfiltered PallMalls into them Smile

Anyway, that Tiki one for $300 or whatever they are selling it for should be enough to send anyone running for the exits.

The store is in Hermosa Beach, which is where my first home on the planet was....it's now full of uber rich people....so...that explains the prices. The newbies to the beach scene that want things to adorn their 1 million plus homes.
Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a little kickboard like that...well...kinda...it's a B.F Goodrich bodyboard, in the original box!

I'll put it up, when I get my camera. The graphics on the box are a scream.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Hansen Reply with quote

Notice the glue line stringer. This may have been a transitional surfoard that was reshaped, and possibly more than once.
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pall Malls and boards..... heehah!! I'll tell ya a story..... even has a Hansen in it.

See, there were two surf shops in town, Us and Ken's. Now, there was some partisanship between us, them being low life dweebs who couldn't surf and us being handsome, lovable, kind to our pets and all that.

Well, one of their guys was Lunga Louie. he was a twit of epic proportions, when he took his shirt off he looked like a badly plucked chicken with stringy feathers on top.

One day we're all out of the water, blown out crud afternoon it was in the fall. And I'm enjoying my apres surf smoke and my apres surf illegal beer, being 16 as I was. And up the clay cliff come's ol' Lunga, with his Hansen twin fin.

This was the AquaJet or Surf Jet hollow board era, but what I didn't know is that Hansen had decided to make a few hollow boards of their own, using foam technology. Foam skin and rails with foam stanchions ( pillars) holding the deck and the bottom apart. And that's what Lunga had under his sweaty little arms, a hollow Hansen.

Naturally, being the pre-geek that I was, I had to check the thing out. And having no particular use for Lunga, I was gonna have a little evil fun. So while Fred Neebs and his strange brother Mike were distracting him, and Mike could distract a pine tree just by nattering on the way he did right on the edge of understandability so that you thought maybe he was about to make some Tremendously Meaningful Statement and so you'd pay close attention to what he was sort of saying and hope you wouldn't miss it...well, I went and sucked half the air out of Lunga's Hansen through the plughole in the nose.

It gets even more evil. See, I happened to notice that the hole was about the same diameter as a Marlboro filter, so I lit up a new one and took my thumb off the hole and inserted Marlboro A in Hole B.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK

That thar smoke was all gone, right quickly. End glowed cherry red, cooled halfway through the filter before it was done.

Thump the deck.........perfect smoke ring

About fifteen minutes of smoke rings in there, and I'm sure there was plenty left.

I sometimes wonder if that board got cancer........
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> For Sale, Wanted or Trade All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: