rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

last week's surf...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaGRizTX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: last week's surf... Reply with quote

Accompinied my wife as she attended a conference in Brownsville, TX. Drove down Thursday and went straight to the beach at S. Padre Island, it looked nice: http://www.elrideintl.net/main/forumv4/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12924
Hit it and within an hour had to leave the water due to red tide, killed my eyes.
Friday a front blasted through and brought VAS conditions...wind died down during the night.

Saturday, arrived at Isla Blanca park about 8 am surf looking much better than yesterday's VAS conditions. But wait there's a bunch of brown foam in the guts between bars... has the norther blown the red tide back from the middle coast??? I think back to Thursday and how quickly I was over-come from a waining red tide. I sit and watch, soon a young woman drives up and hits it; a truck pulls up and parks next to me and two guys jump out give it a look and jump in too.
Ok I tell myself I don't get to SPI often enough to sit and watch so I go. I have a brand new board (48" wave skate), wax it up and paddle out.
First off remember it's always better than it looks from shore, never forget this. And the water is warmer than the air this morning so getting wet is nice. Paddle out is rather easy, the new board floats me well and I make it outside rather quickly. No ill effects so far and some nice sets coming through. The NW winds are working their magic on the rights, holding up the faces, there are almond eyes everywhere, stocked!
Crowd is small, and I have a nice peak to myself. Take a while getting used to my new board, figuring out trim and balance points...time pass and I can still see, no problems. Dolphins are catching the big set waves way outside and jumping out of the faces of the waves as they roll in, very cool.
I'm catching waves and having fun and then it happens, I'm in perfect position at the peak of a very nice head + wave. I drop in make a nice smooth bottom turn and set a lline, the wave throws way out over me and I'm in a huge cavern and hooking "A" down the line. I make it out and make the next section as well, wooooooooooooo whooooooooo freaking unbeliveable... a top five wave of my life time and I've been around a while, thank you Gulf de Mexico. I'm so stoked I paddle back out but know that wave is my wave of the day. Catch some more fun ones and come in after three hours + just after noon today.
High tide brought in some nice green water and I can still see to type this without my reading glasses. Beautiful day down here today, time for a few cold ones and kick back and check some football action...Happy Halloween everybody.
Sea-ya
P.S. mean while up the coast: http://www.elrideintl.net/main/forumv4/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12969&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.

-Mark Twain
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to read of your good fortune on them Texas waves!

Caught some Maryland gems myself yesterday... you were only one step ahead of me Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: