rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEWS FLASH: Paipo Boarders Knocked Unconscious!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doc wrote:
Take some good Puerto Rico rum. Trust me on this one, all the Texans we know lap it up like kittens with milk.

That's all I drink - to do otherwise would be a shame to my heritage and country. Ron del Barrilito Three Star (next to impossible to get in the USA). That or some good Barbancourt (more available stateside).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No ice floes... but mid- to upper-30s still qualifies as COLD in the majority of places around the continental 48

That qualifies as TOO COLD in my Native Californian Book O' Waveriding. Wouldn't even tempt me I don't think. Our problem out here, hence the whining and verbal fisticuffs in other forums, is having a 72 degree March day, sunshine, no wind, water temp 57 degrees, nice little waves...and knowing the post-rain water quality is right down there with a Wisconsin outhouse in August. The government says stay out for 72 hours, but they say a lot of things, and most of them don't surf - so if they say 72 hours I consider that a real minimum. Makes one a little crazy...flesh-eating bactieria etc.

Hmmm...maybe the Too Cold water does have something going for it, after all.
Birdie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pick this time of year to have boards made and prepare to get more - as the water q sucks, the rain keeps us in, and the tax return gets done.

So...my Dean Cleary kneeboard gets polished on Monday and the deck pad gets put on it, tuesday. The speeedfins were put on last week, along with the hotcoat, pinline, and...it was sanded.

So, maybe I can pick it up on wednesday and...by then...the water q should FINALLY be...well....better!

Have to get those returns done so I can order a Neumatic and a red HPD SR....

Paul has a black SR for sale, but....I want a red one.

Yep, spring is around the corner and I am preparing for summer.

Cheers

Birdie
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodndtube wrote:

That's all I drink - to do otherwise would be a shame to my heritage and country. Ron del Barrilito Three Star (next to impossible to get in the USA). That or some good Barbancourt (more available stateside).

Our local carries Barbancourt, though perhaps an inferior vintage. You know your mission next time you're there, and there's Rico to think of too.

You ever try Flors de Cana? Nicaraguan, and the 7 year old is, to my mind and taste, somewhat better than their top of the line Centenario. I managed to bribe my way out of El Sal with a bottle of it......
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yeah, Nels...the nice thing about cold water is that the bacteria don't tend to reproduce quite so fast and the particulates fall out pretty quick. And that nice, protective rubber.... Trojan Man be damned. We don't shuck out of that until the water gets hot, say 60° or so.
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdie wrote:
I pick this time of year to have boards made and prepare to get more - as the water q sucks, the rain keeps us in, and the tax return gets done.

Cheers

Birdie

http://www.turbotax.com/index.php - inexpensive or free, electronic filing and direct deposit. I've been using it for several years and it's smarter than I am. In addition to knowing more tricks than I do.
Kneeridin
Matt Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New board... 4'6" fish with lots of foam, float, and very fast. Took it out Saturday morning in mushy head-high DelMarVa sets and it slashed through all the sections.

Rum... back to the crib for a round of Cruzan and coke. I agree, the quality of rum in the south - USVI, Bogata and Lima - is much better. Then again, you can get the best down there for the price of Ron Rico stateside.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kneeridin wrote:
New board... 4'6" fish with lots of foam, float, and very fast. Took it out Saturday morning in mushy head-high DelMarVa sets and it slashed through all the sections.

Look forward to checking it out and giving it a spin -- a little on the long side for me, but what the hell!

Kneeridin wrote:
Rum... back to the crib for a round of Cruzan and coke. I agree, the quality of rum in the south - USVI, Bogata and Lima - is much better. Then again, you can get the best down there for the price of Ron Rico stateside.

Can't ever forget taking a trip over to St. Thomas as a HS senior -- a big mac was around $1.75 and a bottle of Cruzan rum was 85 cents... back in 1970. Tough choice!

P.S. I favor the full, rich molassas tradition in rum. Panamanian Abuelo Anejo is decent. For a light rum, Venezuelan Cacique is good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tumak
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about rum and such, but hey: I know the paipo thing is cool. The reason I haven't posted in a while is because if I did, I would just be relating special rides I had on such & such a day...that kind of thing...or perhaps little incidents and conversations I have with people when they see one of my paipos in action, etc. Stuff like, "Hey, what IS that?" That's a question I got the other day from a guy who followed me all the way to my van to ask me about it. Then there's: "Boy, I wish I had MY bodyboard!" "Your WHAT? THIS ISN'T A BODYBOARD; IT'S A PAIPO!" "A WHAT?" People look right at us and don't see what we're doing. They also don't seem to noticed how we're often the only ones getting real rides on small days...that we're the ones having fun. What can ya do?
Also, I was waiting to post when my new balsa paipo is finished, which may be just a few days away. At that time, I'll get some digital shots done and will post pictures!
Anyway, it's a new forum, and the number of active and communicative paipologists is relatively small. Many work and have responsibilities which tend to steal much time and energy. I think it's great to see the present involvement. It will grow.
Personally, I have a poet's heart...I relate more to lavish descriptions of special rides and beautiful boards than to shop talk about gizmos, tools, and materials, etc. That's just me. For many of those conversations about that stuff, I simply have little or nothing to say...
But this I can say...let's get going paipoboarders! Spring and summer are at the threshold! Let's make it a glorious and happy time!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: