rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEWS FLASH: Paipo Boarders Knocked Unconscious!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: NEWS FLASH: Paipo Boarders Knocked Unconscious! Reply with quote

You must be because nobody is posting. What is the deal? It's been like a week since anyone has posted anything new. Maybe we need to broaden the scope and add bodysurfers. Very Happy Or maybe include some naked women. Very Happy Very Happy Maybe post to other forums to pick up paipo boarders that don't know about ths yet. Or could it be we are all here and this is it?
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naw, just napping in the spring sun, checking out what the garden might be this coming summer, that sort of thing.....
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Jack's Reply with quote

Hey Kage,
some guy in your hood....Santa Cruz just bought this Jack's belly on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3663347476&category=22710
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Decal Reply with quote

And here's a decal Birdie can use when she restores her Dextra:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3664588834&category=22710
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she? Birdie is a lady? Shocked
I missed that bellyboard altogether, I think a little too much money. I'd sooner have a junker to fix up that was rideable and cheaper.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Female Bodyboarders Reply with quote

Ya, maybe you missed her post about wanting to make a paipo with the Powder Puff Girls on it. Here's something interesting I recently read about female bodyboarders. If I was still a single guy, I'd be spending my next paipo vacation in Japan...

In Australia with the ratio of male to female bodyboarders at present around the 20:1 mark, womens bodyboarding isn't being taken as a professional sport. A professional tour is running but the women competing on tour as many as 20 per year! Think about the same situation in Brazil or Japan. The ratio in Japan is around 5:1, females outnumbering male bodyboarders.

Has Neal Miyake been holding out on us? Keeping all those prone-riding Japanese babes for himself?
Birdie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had numbers of Japanese bodyboarding girls at my homebreak! Some of them don't wear fins....they must have a message board over there that tells them to go to Sunset when they are in LA...

We get everybody - right after 9/11 I was in the water with 2 blonde rastfarian....Swedes...in dreds and everything, and we watched the first 747 take off from LAX since they had shut it down, 9/11.

There is nothing like having a mellow cosmopolitan everyone and everything is welcome break.

Once in awhile some aggro shortboarder who doesn't realise where he is...shows up...we can be just vicious to them "Yo dude, chill...you look ridiculous pretending you are at a big wave break with nasty locals around here" [ the waves are 3' and everyone is sitting around smiling...]

That Dextra decal is pretty cool...I saw that...my Dextra logo is OK, it's the rest of the board....

It's been raining out this way - ocean is trashed for a few more days.

Birdie
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Muddy Water Reply with quote

Ya, the rain has made the wave zone look pretty muddy down here in Diego, too. We've also had a couple of major sewage spills in the last week or so. One of them 4.6 million gallons. But many beaches are testing at acceptable levels. Ya, ya, I know tests can be misleading. But rain doesn't pollute us down here as much as it does up in places like Ventura and northward. I hear it's because they have so many houses with septic systems up there. Here's the Blue Water Task Force numbers from the local Surfrider chapter.
http://surfrider-org.temp-url.com/bwtf/bwtf_sd.asp
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rain rain rain and then nothing. I haven't been in the water for over a week. it sucks when there's actually a storm but then no waves. I'm going in tomorrow morning regardless.
bodyboarding with no fins? whoa. that must be some mad paddling!
Birdie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kage wrote:

bodyboarding with no fins? whoa. that must be some mad paddling!

We did manage to talk one of them into getting fins...

I'm hitting the pool tomorrow....with my camotray and udt's.

I was at the commissary checking everyone out with their food trays today, imagining them all hitting the surf with them..

Oooo, the tricks the mind starts to play when it's been raining too long...
John Galera

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Hawaii Reply with quote

Don't feel bad, it's been raining and flooding for the last ten days. I haven't surfed in 11 days. The waves have been big, but victory at sea conditions. So it's a good time to work and wait for the conditions to improve. Aloha!
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone... stop whining! My last surf was my last day in Puerto Rico, December 30th. I've been to the DelMarVa peninsula a couple of times but the conditions did not quite meet the technical RodStoke Wave Condition Temperatures Scale invoked this time of year. Several work trips to Virginia Beach the past 6 wks did not factor. Nonetheless, "No Pity!" LOL.

Next week's trip to Corpus Christi has been postponed -- too bad because they have had some surf as of late. But... soon enough I shall dip my toes into the waters around Seaside, Oregon (March 20/21) and somewhere gentle along the North Shore (Mar 27/2Cool... detect a stoke trend forming? Laughing I should be pulling into San Diego around April 3/4 and I *should* have a paipo fish waiting for me but that is a whole other sad story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodndtube wrote:
Everyone... stop whining! My last surf was my last day in Puerto Rico, December 30th. I've been to the DelMarVa peninsula a couple of times but the conditions did not quite meet the technical RodStoke Wave Condition Temperatures Scale invoked this time of year. Several work trips to Virginia Beach the past 6 wks did not factor. Nonetheless, "No Pity!" LOL.

Next week's trip to Corpus Christi has been postponed -- too bad because they have had some surf as of late. But... soon enough I shall dip my toes into the waters around Seaside, Oregon (March 20/21) and somewhere gentle along the North Shore (Mar 27/2Cool... detect a stoke trend forming? Laughing I should be pulling into San Diego around April 3/4 and I *should* have a paipo fish waiting for me but that is a whole other sad story.

Down there, in all the warm water? I'll bet you didn't see a good ice floe all winter.

Prolly safest for you that the Texas trip got cancelled. I hear Griz is thinking rum.....
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Down there, in all the warm water? I'll bet you didn't see a good ice floe all winter.

Prolly safest for you that the Texas trip got cancelled. I hear Griz is thinking rum.....

No ice floes... but mid- to upper-30s still qualifies as COLD in the majority of places around the continental 48. Rum makes the soul even warmer Wink Probably hit Texas in April or early May.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take some good Puerto Rico rum. Trust me on this one, all the Texans we know lap it up like kittens with milk.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: