rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dean Cleary Quest
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Dean Cleary Quest Reply with quote

I have to show off my custom Dean Cleary Quest kneeboard...

(he will make bellyboards, too)

Here's the bottom, laminated...

I wanted a tigerstripe made from the saturated and bright colors we get in the fall, and during fire season....

So, it's called The Verdant Autumn Quest...

People are going chase me down the beach over this one, I can tell...

5' 10" 23 x 3" Quad....

doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...misplacing it somewhere is definitely not gonna be an issue.

Now, being as I'm a ding guy, and shuddering at the thought of what fixing it would be like, did you get one of Cleary's Very Reasonably Priced kneeboard bags to go with it? I apologise for not mentioning that before.

I haven't seen any other kneeboard bags even close in price, I can't buy them from my supplier ( and I run a surfshop - it's wholesale, baby) for that. Even look like they're silvery and all, that on the outside..

I'd say it will double the life of your board, easy. And keep 90% of the dings you get - which are from just banging into things on dry lane - off it.

Trust me on this one - best fifty bucks you ever spent. All three of my 'user' boards live in bags when not actually in use.

enjoy

doc...............
Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, bag is on order and he does have the best priced ones around!

My friends will find me in the line-up, no prob...and I won't buy "I didn't see you" from anyone who drops in on me - even if I am in the green room, as this thing should glow right through the waves and cast light out in front of the tube it's so bright!

Would make excellent colors for bellyboards and paipo's too...

Has "No, I am not a sponge" written all over it.

Very California Pop Art!

Oh, and I had the deck pad, inlayed....and am getting Carbon Fiber Speeedfins for it in a few weeks (when they are on the market).....and some blue Mick Fanning Reo's to start (also, speeedfins).

Hee hee, this has been a real fun board AND I am sure it will be in the surf.

Birdie
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding! though I think mebbe you need one accessory:

http://store.yahoo.com/vigraphix/raddec.html

'cos that critter prolly glows in the dark..............
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

???

I can't see the photo - scratch that - it isn't appearing for me. Love to see it. Sad

Tuesday afternoon there were plenty of good waves in your territory, Birdie. Did you get to christen it?
Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nels,

You can click on the www button below my post - I have the same shot of it up on my "webpage" which is really *still* just a messy work bench of photo's...when I upgrade to OS 10.3, I'll get a real webpage and tools..

I have been working pretty much non-stop, and the rain makes the water...scary with crud....so, I took the new udt fins to the pool today...

I think they may be finishing the board today...it was ready for a hotcoat, yesterday, and then the fins have to go in, and I'm noty sure if they have been delivered yet, but by the end of the week they will be...

I'm going to keep it away from my fave rock reef point breaks for awhile and will be getting the hang of it at more A-Frame sandy beach breaks...

I think this board will be a blast at San O, for long easy floaty rides...and the "glow" factor.

Funny, I've never seen a board that has the "sunset" or "verdant autumn/spring" "Fire season" colors... They are the most bright and saturated and for many of us, mark our favorite times to be in the water as the color of the world just goes surreal and soooo intense!

Here's my home break, during the fires this past fall....you'll see how this board will blend right in....

Birdie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nels wrote:
???

I can't see the photo - scratch that - it isn't appearing for me. Love to see it. Sad

Tuesday afternoon there were plenty of good waves in your territory, Birdie. Did you get to christen it?

Nels,

It seems to be working now...

Oh, and I meant - I had fun putting it together and seeing the results. The laminator had a great time on it....it was a first for all of us in terms of the projected idea.

You'd think you'd see more boards based on sunset or spring/autumn colors....I am sure, a new trend has just started....

Let me know if this works for you
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ja, I can see both pics today. Very nice. The Quest - isn't that the fat diamond tailed one? I looked at that online a while back. Ought to go nice at Your Break...next fire season you'll have to get a shot of the board and backdrop. Or I guess to hope for less chaos, next good sunset at Sunset... Wink
Birdie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nels wrote:
The Quest - isn't that the fat diamond tailed one?

Yep, the "cruiser". Sharks won't mistake it for a fish....with that tail.

Will work great in the northern LA County - southern Ventura breaks.

He's putting the fins in aussie style forward....

So, I think for small to medium and often laid back surf, it will be divine.

And since that is mostly what we have here....

It's the daily rider type of board.

Of course, I am going to have to learn how to ride it!
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Dean Cleary Quest Reply with quote

Birdie wrote:
I have to show off my custom Dean Cleary Quest kneeboard...

(he will make bellyboards, too)

Here's the bottom, laminated...

I wanted a tigerstripe made from the saturated and bright colors we get in the fall, and during fire season....

So, it's called The Verdant Autumn Quest...

People are going chase me down the beach over this one, I can tell...

5' 10" 23 x 3" Quad....

I'll tell ya one thing for sure... just refilled some inkjet cartridges and if you want to test 'em, by golly that's the pic to use to do it.....
Birdie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Dean Cleary Quest Reply with quote

doc wrote:

I'll tell ya one thing for sure... just refilled some inkjet cartridges and if you want to test 'em, by golly that's the pic to use to do it.....

Or this one! I seem to have a theme going...

Birdie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or this one....

doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeez, nobody can accuse you of being monochromatic. Somehow, I'll bet you don't go for the all-black wetsuit look either.........
Birdie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Paipo is monochromatic.

It was completely black, until I added the white sharkcamo stripes.

As far as kneeboards go though, they all seem to have something in common with Apple logo's....no matter what decade they are from.
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdie wrote:
My Paipo is monochromatic.

It was completely black, until I added the white sharkcamo stripes.

Other than perhaps evincing a fondness for New Zealand Rugby, I'm stumped. Why all black?

Birdie wrote:
As far as kneeboards go though, they all seem to have something in common with Apple logo's....no matter what decade they are from.

Being an owner of an original PS/2-25, that may explain why all the boards I've had since I bought my first computer have been clear.

Plus having to match colors on ding repairs, which is a whole lotta no fun with color - and I have been doing a lot of those too........
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: