rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Great Big Honking Paipo Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to host another paipo fest down San Deigo way in the Fall. Nothing to report yet....except for one important rule:

You will not be allowed to ride one of your own boards.
John Mellor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Thanks... Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for the great time., the great food and generous hospitality.
Rod, Kim, Tim, John, Mike, Pam, Hal, Kyle, Kearilee, Larry... I think that's everybody? Thank you all.
There were some very interesting boards on display.
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was fun. Great turnout everyone! For our first time that is, I'm expecting twice that number next time. Very Happy
It was great meeting everyone and seeing the wide variety of boards too. It would be nice to see some pics of them in the paipodude photo thing.
Next year Hawaii? Or year after next? Or maybe San Diego?
OG-AZN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted a few Gathering pics Kristen took on Rod's .io site. Downsized 'em to save space. Mr Mike, John, & Kyle: Kris got a few "out take" type pics of you as well. PM me if you want 'em.

Def down for another meet in So Cal, or especially Hawai'i. Kaua'i or O'ahu, just say when!
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OG-AZN wrote:
Just posted a few Gathering pics Kristen took on Rod's .io site. Downsized 'em to save space. Mr Mike, John, & Kyle: Kris got a few "out take" type pics of you as well. PM me if you want 'em.

Def down for another meet in So Cal, or especially Hawai'i. Kaua'i or O'ahu, just say when!

I have been downloading the .io pics to save space and will be uploading a report in the next few days with web-sized pics.

SoCal is definitely out for me over the next many moons, but a Hawai`ian Island or Costa Rica trip would be in the cards for sometime next Feb-April 2010, or maybe sometime in 2011 to give us a greater planning window. Not to mention the destination Ted is always trying to stir up some support for: Samoa.

Standing plans will be taking me to Costa Rica sometime next Spring, March or April, to a *special place* on the NW peninsula. I usually travel with a small group from my local surf club and limit the number of folks to keep the crowd factor way down. The spot really isn't close to anything, the rooms don't have TV sets and it is *very boring* so knowing how to manage your downtime is rather important (reading is a good way to burn time). We do not travel on the plus/minus one week from Easter Sunday as that is a big holiday time. The main cove the villa abuts has a few reef breaks and an outer reef when the SW swell hits around 8'. Plus we have a nearby spot that is less tide dependent. Let me know if you are seriously interested and I will pencil you in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos that folks have sent me or uploaded to the http://drop.io/paipodude/ site, plus the pics I shot until my camera batteries died, are in the process of being uploaded and may be accessed here:
http://www.rodndtube.com/surf/rpts/2009/2009-0731-BigSur/thumb.shtml

You are invited to submit captions and identifications of people and/or boards - please use the photo ID.

For the boards, because it is of great interest, please provide some basic information such as materials used (e.g., types of wood), dimensions (Length x Width x Thickness), weight, amount of rockers, and rail description.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
knbrdr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahalo for allowing a kneeboarder to hang out and partake! Enjoyed the time away from the Valley heat! It was a pleasure meeting y'all and seeing all the different types of paipo's. Hope to make a San Diego / San Elijo trip this fall.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: