rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Great Big Honking Paipo Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike Smile
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From everything that I read there will be room and I second Mr Mike's murmur, "You will be welcome!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally. I missed your post last week or I would also have extended a more enthusiastic welcome. Come on! Bring your truck, bring your pooches, bring your surftoys and SWIMPAL. Though I am not sure what that is.
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mutts are probably gonna stay home this trip and keep my SWIMPAL company, she has to stay home and mind the store so to speak...
SWIMPAL = She(rry) Who Is My Partner And Lover Wink

I can get there Friday and would like to stay through until Monday if possible...... been a while since I went on solo surfin' safari. Laughing
Anyone else on a loose schedule?
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, my excitement level is steadily increasing. Now, feed me some facts and data on what to expect in surf type (small/big, beach breaks/reefs), water temps (mid-60s, lo-60s, upper-50s, mid-50s...) and air temps (day/night ranges). I'm trying to pack light... have to pack reasonably light anymore, esp. when flying solo with the airline luggage rules these days.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Setting surf size aside for the moment. The closest breaks are Sand Dollar and Willow Creek, both beach breaks. Water temperature is about 58. It always seems a little colder in Big Sur than here. I've been swimming here in trunks a couple of times this week and it's been brisk but enjoyable. I think a 3/4 is good but a 2/3 is quite adequate. I always like a hood though. Air temp can range from 60's to 80's in the day to 50's 60's in the night. Can be chilly. The temperature always drops at night and there's rarely much humidity.
I will not jinx the trip by predicting or even thinking about the topic mentioned first in your post. However, my waveguide says 3-5 would not be surprising.
Just a general thought though, how about a potluck on Saturday night? I will bring plenty of wood for BBQ, everyone can bring meat for themselves and a side thing.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pot Luck on Saturday night sounds good to me.

Thanks for the info... and, yeah, no jinxing of the surf forecast!
mrmike

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will bring my home made chocolate chip cookies and chocolate macadamia nut biscotti you can make a meal out of these pooba will tell you how good they are Laughing MRMIKE
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an email from Mack Mcconal the Slingshot Board guy. I had told him we admired the board and asked him to come on up to the gathering if he could. AND HE IS Exclamation Exclamation Maybe he thinks we're someone else Question
Anyway he said he and his wife are very excited about coming up and may camp (to be determined). Woohoo!
I gave him a link to this URL too (so don't blow it and say anything rude!)
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Looking forward to seeing that board up close.....
And I love potlucks!
I just got back from a very successful fishing trip......
Tuna Belly anyone? Very Happy
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuna sounds tasty to me!
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If not me...then someone should make a post on say the Wednesday before the event regarding fire restrictions. No sense in bringing firewood if you can't burn it. Maybe I'll call the campground host that week. Either way I'll bring a double burner propane stove.

Kage...what's the cobble factor this time of year? Lots of them, or mostly hidden in the sand?

Rod...you don't really need to bring a board if you want to travel light.

I'll have more to say later....like sun tea is good way to get your daily caffiene. A Britta water filter picher is also handy. Can't eat the canned peaches without a can opener...etc. And you must have slooow music for that final stretch of 25 MPH road.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah, I suppose you are right about not bringing a board, but then that eliminates part of the fun of see and share. One will make the trip but not two.

Ugh, who is bringing the campfire fueled espresso maker Wink
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea
Can we get a head count of those who are planning to attend ?
Soulglider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: sc Reply with quote

me and a kneeboard pal of mine are attending and about 10 paipos 4 kneeboards a boogie board and set of churchills, the black and orange ones of course Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: