rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Great Big Honking Paipo Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrmike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kage how cold is the water up there in the summer I need to know what wetsuit to take MRMIKE
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a full suit for us Southerners. On this chart pick a spot between Morro Bay and Point Lobos:

http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/cpac.html
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks that can't or won't camp.....can spend a weekend in a yurt very close to Plaskett Creek:

http://www.treebonesresort.com/

I was sad to read that Limekiln campground is closed because of fire damage. Sad
mrmike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup 5-4-3 suit for me MRMIKE
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from a long weekend at the San Simeon campground, about 30 miles south of our proposed spot. I surfed at Plasket on Sunday and was comfortable in a 4-3, same down at Moonstone on Monday (lots of surf by the way, saw people surfing all the spots plus a few I'd never seen anyone at before) 5-4 would have been good but in the summer I've even been in a 3-2 and reasonably comfy. I was colder in Santa Cruz on Saturday which is inside the Monterey bay, go figure. Treebones is very nice, you stay in yurts, some of which have decks, views of the ocean and I think hot tubs? A bit pricier than the Forest Service Campground though. Poobah can rent one and we will visit
Very Happy

Yup, Limekiln closed, fire damage is visible here and there but most was farther inland. Driving up past Lucia on Tuesday there was a mudslide that closed Highway one. Still closed I guess. A result of deforested hills from the fire. I'm sure they'll have it fixed pretty quick but reverberations from that fire will continue.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A space opened up, and my friend John in Los Osos grabbed a spot for the two of us to share. I will be the raft rental guy at this gathering, because I just picked up one of those old blue and yellow canvas surfmats...the really heavy duty kind. Photos coming....
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!
It looks like we have four sites now so that is plenty for folks who have tentativley committed. Whcih looks to me like about 10 (?) if all com and bring associates.

But more would be better!

There are more of you out there I know. Lets shake the trees a little bit and make this a gathering to remember.

Prizes!
Barbeque!
Beer!
Wild fandangos!
John Mellor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Plaskett Creek Reply with quote

I'll have a couple of air mats and a Hawaiian Design (guitar pick) Paipo for anybody to try. I have a reservation for site 38 with Poobah. If anybody is traveling by air and needs camping gear, please hit me up. I'd be happy to bring extra tent or whatever for those traveling light.
John Mellor (805-528-4724)
mrmike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ALSO WILL 3 OR 4 OF MY WOODEN BOARDS we also have site 28 with 4 people in it sofar MRMIKE
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good. Many different boards, many different people. I will also bring my (mini) HPD collection inlcluding the black paipo spoon that used to be on the splash page.
There was an earlier suggestion of a freindly contest nature. Do we want to do that or an expression session of some kind?
mrmike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about a good old free for all. contest only make thing messey MRMIKE Cool
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free for all is good. Only no kicking, biting, or eye pokin'.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pleased to say that the trip is "On!" Made my flight reservations this evening and arrive in San Jose on Thur, July 30, with a return trip on Tue, Aug 4. Kage has graciously extended an offer on the logistics end (as have others) and San Jose seems to work out the best for flights, etc. Have to say I am looking forward to the trip and hope some of our brotherhood from the West Coast and elsewhere can make the trip. Nels, Soulglider, HIpaipo, and several others.

Looks like only one board will make the trip with me - what the hell, one board is all that has traveled with me in the past except to Costa Rica this past Spring. If the surf is forecast to be head+ it will be the Austin Checkered RPM, if not it will be the Austin Orange Matter. Both are foam/fiberglass, roughly 50x20x2.5 inches. Probably will bring two pairs of swim fins, one for warm/cool water and the other for cool/cold. Hopefully, folks who are driving can load up on their swim fins so we can give them some test drives.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Soulglider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: : ) Reply with quote

hahahahhahaaha, fins for warm/cool water in Big Sur, bwaaaahahahahaah! what do you have for frigid waters? bring those! Laughing i'm gunna try and make it up on the sunday, any spots left for camping? sunday to monday?
HIpaipo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to go to the paipo gathering, but I have relatives coming over from England, and besides, whats a wetsuit? (just kidding).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: