rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wood is Good!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Wood is Good! Reply with quote

I am part of another on-line community also, called TeamFLI. It is a place where people who are into more extreme 'facelevel' sports share.

Anyway, I recently posted a blog entitled "Wood is Good" where I explore some of the history and dynamics surrounding Paipo's etc. Ít's not in-depth, just an attempt to stir some interest.

Wanted to invite you to read it.

http://www.teamfli.com/profiles/blogs/wood-is-good-1

or just go to www.teamfli.com and you'll find it on the homepage.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice write-up!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. This is interesting. I had never heard the term face level sports before. Or considered that as paipo boarders we might be part of a larger community other than the surf world. This implies a subset of people that like sports where they lead with their heads? Sounds kind of like a Monty Python skit, or an evolutionary dead end. I have always wanted to try the sketeton, that headfirst sled thingy, so I shouldn't talk Very Happy . Is that what is on the far right picture of the FLI website? Anyway nice article, I hope you are wrong about a big trend toward paipos though, everything popular seems to get overun eventually, I am happy with our unfasionable little thing the way it is.
Charl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facelevel.com initially focused on 4 sports: Riverboarding, Bodyboarding, Wingsuit flying & Airboarding. Since then it has grown to include a wider demographic including bodysurfing, skeletoning, etc. Paipo riding is not formally included but because I am part of Facelevel and figured that the other members of the community may also be interested, decided to post something.

I also hope that I am wrong about the CFoP.... did kinda put that in, in more of a tongue in cheek kind of way. I was out in the line-up at our local spot yesterday on my one paipo and judging by the looks I got, it will be a long time before it becomes mainstream....

The picture on the far-right is an airboard which is an inflatable board used to go down ski slopes. Guy recently clocked more than a hundred miles on one of those.

Thanks for your comments!
Soulglider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: ac Reply with quote

There is no such thing as paipo boarding! PASS IT ON. up until recently my 40+ years in the water was spent on a kneeboard, but kneeboarding has changed to the point that the vast majority of kneeboarders are seeking to make kneeboarding "mainstream,' and the emphasis is on the souless pursuit of contest surfing and the like. you must ride a kneeboard like i ride or....PAIPOS ARE COOL, DONT PASS IT ON! Laughing
eef

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Wood is Good! Reply with quote

Charl wrote:
I am part of another on-line community also, called TeamFLI. It is a place where people who are into more extreme 'facelevel' sports share.

Anyway, I recently posted a blog entitled "Wood is Good" where I explore some of the history and dynamics surrounding Paipo's etc. Ít's not in-depth, just an attempt to stir some interest.

Wanted to invite you to read it.

http://www.teamfli.com/profiles/blogs/wood-is-good-1

or just go to www.teamfli.com and you'll find it on the homepage.

This is great!!!!! I was just thinking about it the other day: i gave my old skateboard to my 2 year old daugther and she was proning it across the room. The she said that i had to do that too, of course, and it was GREAT!! The views are much more interesting with your eyes close to teh ground!!

Eef

http://www.monsterboards.org

http://www.hugtheworld.net
Charl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi EEF,

Thanks for the comment.

Just yesterday my brother & I started sealing Alaia's we've made. His is an 8-footer for stand-up surfing and mine is 4ft4 for prone-riding. We hope to have finished the sealing process by the end of the coming weekend.

I will post some pictures... very excited to see how it is going to ride!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: