rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World (UK) Bellyboarding Championships

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: World (UK) Bellyboarding Championships Reply with quote

Not sure if you folks outside of the UK can use BBC iplayer, but if you can, download Sunday 12th October's "Countryfile" programme, 7 or so minutes on the recent World Bellyboarding Championships held at Chapel Porth beach, near St Agnes in Cornwall, its classic ...., but don't be expecting quality surf or advanced riding, more about the people and the bellyboarding scene...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dzx2b/Countryfile_12102008/

It will not be available for long, I recorded all but the first minute onto my PVR, will try and get it into a format where I can upload it
bgreen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluey,

here is the message I reeived when I tried the URL: "Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?"

Do you also post on the mat site? If so, thanks for the info on Ireland. The Ireland side trip is now looking unlikely - NW Scotland is looking more likely. Ever been to the Hebrides?

Bob
bluey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob

yes, i also occassionally post on surfmatz, never surfed Scotland, be a bit colder than Ireland in the water, but you definately should get some waves.

it appears that you have to have a UK ISP to download the video from BBC iplayer (you might be able to find a proxy UK based server, but no doubt this will be slow) Sad

i copied the clip to a dvd from my hard-drive video recorder, anybody know of a free "vob" to mpeg or similar format transfer programme, tried one but its a trial version and the every few seconds the programme details keep showing over the whole clip ?
bluey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

up on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Wv9rEHCcI
eef

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaaaaaaaah great!! Thanks for posting that!!

i want to go nest year!!

Eef

http://www.monsterboards.org

http://www.hugtheworld.net
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not sure if this is the thread but they have stuff about the contest...maybe it's elsewhere around here but I'm moving fast tonight. Would love to go to this some year.

http://pronetobelly.blogspot.com/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: