rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Of to Europe

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgreen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Of to Europe Reply with quote

Hello all,

Its flight day. Hopefully I'll get some fine European waves and the paipo and I will manage to be in the same spots at the same time.

Looking forward to trying new spots.

Bob
eef

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob!

are you in The Netherlands too? Maybe we can chase some waves!

Eef

http://www.monsterboards.org

http://www.hugtheworld.net
bgreen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Eef,

Thanks. I´m not getting that far north. Off to go surfing in Portugal tomorrow, a week in Spain and then some time in France.

Bob
Thierry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the weather we have at the moment, you must have found waves but also onshore winds on during your trip in Europe.

Tell us all when you're back (or as soon as you find a computer and an internet connection).
bgreen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thierry and others,

You are right, waves and onshores, but the wind has not really been a problem. Perhaps it has served to keep the crowds down.

I surfed Lagide in Portugal everyday with the exception of one day where we drove to ericeira and I surfed the small inside section which was a bit cleaner and hollower. Lagide is a great paipo wave, a wedging takeoff and a long wall. Because it was a bit onshore it was not real tubey unless there was a good backdoor takeoff. Max crowd was 10. The crowd were surfing around the corner where it was very clean. One day there were up to 50 people surfing this beachbreak peak and the Lagide reef had 3 out. Because it was a reef it was always cleaner than it looked from shore. I got the tail end of one swell which slowly tapered off and then the day I left it picked up again and I surfed a solid groundswell with 5 out, whereas Supertubes was much smaller and packed.

I'm in Madrid after surfing Pantin for 6 days. Max crowd I had was 3. I would wake up at 7 or 8 and there would be no one out. Again, got the tail end of one swell and the day I left it picked up again. Another good paipo wave, wedgy takeoffs and long walls on the rights or peaks on the lefts. Took the mat out also on a couple of days and the long right was perfect for it. A couple of days were sizey, and you got the sets closing out, but with persistence there were waves. Wind was highly variable, but getting up early helped. Surfed valdavino twice , a softer beach break that was more sheltered than Pantin. I couldn't believe Pantin though, cars in the carpark and guys just driving by or sleeping in. Perhaps it wasn't up to standard or something, but plenty good enough for me.

I'll hopefully sample the waves of La Porge, later this month. I'll be in Paris July 29 to August 6 and am staying at Montemarte. If the surfed looked good in Brittany on the weekend I'd be happy to escape the city and go surfing, if it looked ok.

regards

Bob
eef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bob!

sounds like you're having a great time! What craft have you been rinding over there?

Eef

http://www.monsterboards.org

http://www.hugtheworld.net
bgreen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Eef,

One of John Galera's boards and I have takebn out a 4GF mat a couple of times. When home I will try to post some photos or seek asssisatnce from someone who knows more about this stuff.

We leave for France tomorrow, so hopefully I will get waves after a week in the countryside.

regards

Bob
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: