rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rob DiStefano Soft Kneeboard

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> For Sale, Wanted or Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Rob DiStefano Soft Kneeboard Reply with quote

Nels has or had one of these things. Pretty rare I think. This one is back East...Rhode Island.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230248800384&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still have it...pretty much bombproof...my primary paipo for many years now (yes, it's a kneeboard...but it turned out one of my knees doesn't like me kneeling on anything, anytime, anywhere). Bodyboard materials but not a bodyboard design or performance...mine based off a semi-Velo template if I recall.

Just goes to show you the whole surfing world isn't based in the media/industrial centers. Rob is/was in New Jersey if I recall right, making world-class bodyboards and kneeboards out of soft materials...reminds me of Dale up in Oregon with his surfmats (and earlier mind-machine prone and kneeboards)...and the various woodcarvers we have around this forum, scattered all over the world.
dksnap

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have wanted to try out one of Rob's creations for a while now. That board is about the same size as my kneeboard, just an inch longer. Looks like it's in pretty good condition, too. Extremely tempting! But I've already spent too much $ on boards this year. Good luck to the bidders...
r32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say that Rob has amazing talent for shaping things.

I used to ride for Omega Bodyboards and he shaped all the team boards. I've probably had about 15 boards from him and they were all top-notch craftmanship and fantastic! Even an odd shaped custom 45" board for Mavericks turned out perfect!!!

It would be really interesting to see this board up close.

Cheers,
Michael
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find a photo of the board on ebay, but here's a couple of photos of Nel's DiStefano board.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> For Sale, Wanted or Trade All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: