rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nels' "vagabondsurf.com"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Web Pages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Nels' "vagabondsurf.com" Reply with quote

vagabondsurf.com
It's about life - not "lifestyle"
http://www.vagabondsurf.com/

This website is dedicated to everything and everybody outside the usual 12-24 year old squashtail thruster demographic group. It contains pics, stories and articles covering a wide range of alternative surf riding vehicles (mat riders, kneeboarders, bellyboarders, bodyboarders and bodysurfers, and everything in-between).

Almost everything you find in these pages will not be found in the mainline surfing press.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Almost everything you find in these pages will not be found in the mainline surfing press

Alack and alas, vagabondsurf.com will be pulling it's own plug sooner rather than later. While the mainline surfing press continues to slither to parts unknown and - to me at any rate - quite uninteresting, the glories of the internet have provided some new technology which have in my opinion rendered a website such as vagabondsurf a bit moot.

I speak, of course, of internet forum technology...exactly like that which powers MyPaipoboards right here this minute. You can post your thoughts and photos instantly, and also engage others, and watch thought processes expand and contract right before your very real time eyes. 'Tis a great thing.

For the possible benefit of paipo riders and the stray Swaylockian I am going to keep the site formally online at least into late August, maybe even September, so any of the materials of interest can be "utilized for personal use". I am thinking specifically of the "how to" paipo construction materials contributed by Roger Wayland. You'll never see this kind of stuff in a surf magazine. Roger and I have discussed putting it into some kind of pamphlet format, yet another labor of love which won't pay any rent, but as of this moment there is no schedule for that.

It's been a fun 4 and a half years online, but for me it's time to hunker down on my home planet and get weird in new directions. Thanks to all who have checked in through this time. Thanks to Rod who went first and farther down the line.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nels, sorry to read that you're planning to pull the plug. vagabond.com has always been an interesting read. Before the entire site evaporates, maybe you can save all the paipo-related HTML pages/pics into a bundle and send them my way for repository on the MyPaipoBoards site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Before the entire site evaporates, maybe you can save all the paipo-related HTML pages/pics into a bundle and send them my way for repository on the MyPaipoBoards site

That would be great, if I can figure out how to make it all work. Part of my hassle is having moved last winter and I'm down to one useful computer, but the other one is what I did/do the website on. Still, since in theory I'm going to copy off the whole thing for the permanent record I ought to be able to do that. I'll pm you when I broach this project.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!

If you normally use an FTP program you should be able to FTP the paipo directories/folders - don't forget the folder that has the pics!
eef

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nels, Rod

good to hear the vagabondsite is going to be archived! I liked the site very much and got loads of usefull info off it when i started to build my own paipo's. Like Rod said, the bigger part of all that info can't be found anywhere else.

greetings and thanks,

Eef

http://www.monsterboards.org

http://www.hugtheworld.net
r32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nels,

Great site! I found it and emailed all the email addy's I could find to get a hold of you, but they all came screaming back to my me...haha.

Excellent site with tons of good information and pictures! How long are you going to leave it up?

Cheers,
Michael
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Web Pages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: