rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grumpy's HPD

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> For Sale, Wanted or Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shorepound

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Grumpy's HPD Reply with quote

Inquiring minds want to know.... Which version of the HPD did you choose and why? Also, will you give a field report on your new acquisition, please!
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a couple emails and a phone conversation with Paul discussing my height, weight, typical waves and surf experience and he suggested the XL Plus as the right model.
It should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday and I'll get it wet ASAP.
I'll let you know how it goes after a few waves.
PaipoJim
Director of CTU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Grumpy's HPD Reply with quote

shorepound wrote:
Inquiring minds want to know.... Which version of the HPD did you choose and why? Also, will you give a field report on your new acquisition, please!

There are quite a few posts in regards to the HPD on this forum. Try using the search function. Here are a few:

http://rodndtube.com/paipo/forum/viewtopic.php?t=242

http://rodndtube.com/paipo/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58

http://rodndtube.com/paipo/forum/viewtopic.php?t=201
-
shorepound

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim! Especially for your earlier compare and contrast. That's the best review I've seen...

I think a couple of your comments summarize my current perception of the difference : "I think it really bends pretty far when you torque it into a turn and unloads a lot of energy when it snaps back." and "I think it is going to work out just fine for darting around on short period NW windswell closeout faces this summer."

I'm just trying to sort out where the dividing line is between the SR and XL in terms of wave types and performance. I'd love to broaden my quiver, but trying to get the data points in order (too many potential toys, too little finances)

Hoping to get Uncle G's perspective for triangulation (and a shot at Kage's quiver for some hand's on)

Another goodie from the vaults... http://rodndtube.com/paipo/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 (hope the URL coding works...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> For Sale, Wanted or Trade All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: