rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alien Gonzales

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Alien Gonzales Reply with quote

Look around...they are already amongst us...

PaipoJim
Director of CTU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Alien Gonzales Reply with quote

Poobah wrote:
Look around...they are already amongst us...

That plan shape certainly looks plausible. BTW, WTF happened to Babar's sled dogs? Rolling Eyes I'm worried there may have been an alien abduction somewhere between Nome and Pacific Beach!

-
tumak
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll get agents Mulder and Scully right on it...
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Babar and his little cousin Arthur are still X Files. For now let's steer back to the Alien Gonzales topic...as soon as Nels has time for the test riding and reporting.
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
as soon as Nels has time for the test riding and reporting.

It never fails...get somethng new to play with and life draws one away from the playground. I'm just back from a 6 day work safari in Northern Arizona. Get Muldar and Scully on it...it was cooler there than at home in Southern California!

Once I catch up on species feces I'll test ride the paipo and post along with dimensions...theirs and ours...
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay now...got a test ride in on Alien Gonzalez this afternoon...approximately over an hour of unmolested 1-1.5' burgers. Rising tide. Water was too warm to stay dry, waves were too..what? Too empty? Do I dare the gods with that kind of statement?

So out of the trunk Alien Gonzalez came, and into the water. Flex! No float! Forgot to measure it up! Push it under water below a foot deep and it had a life of its own, silently cruising 2'-3' underwater before surfacing. Flex allowed almost a mat-like nose push downward to help catch waves.

No bottom fin on Alien, although Roger Wayland used to tell me the things went better with them. On the burgers I was riding I think I can say it went better, faster, and farther than I would have gone on a bodyboard.

Now, to find and ride some juice.
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Into the fifth dimension with Alien Gonzalez...

Length: 36"
Width 5" back from the narrow nose: 16"
Max width 8" up from the tail (widest point): 24"

Arcs traced from a 1967 vintage Vietnamese "coolie" hat.

Material: 1/4" birch ply from Home Depot. Single thickness used.

Saturday afternoon August 5 was warm and sunny with warm water. I rode the paipo until I was flat worn out. Maybe some 3' sets but consistent 2' beachbreak surf with some real shape. Not enough oomph to really try to carve anything but it rode as far as the waves went with plenty of speed. As there was nobody else outside where I was - I had to drive and walk and scheme a bit - I had my pick of any and everything. The paipo rode whitewater right up to the sand. The flex was very noticeable upon bottom turning...not sure if it helped better than one solid planing surface or if I was just missing flexshot speeding as the flex returned to shape.

Apparently the neutral buoyancy and all the flex did some flexing of muscles I don't use much...right side lower back muscles are killing me today. They were a little sore Saturday night and Sunday morning and something done Sunday must have aggravated a pull. Feeling a bit of pain today.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: