rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swaylocks surf forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo wrote:
Swaylocks returns Friday!

Hurrah!!!
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Swaylocks Reply with quote

It's times like this that make me realize the term "Swayloholic" isn't too far off the mark.
Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha haaa, I know what you mean.

I've already seen ALL the Red Dwarf videos, so, I know Doc has been having some fun, but I am sure he is ready to get out of his space capsule.

I'm getting really giddy and itchy to try the new kneeboard...I may go to the kneelo gathering at Bolsa Chica on the 20th. Waves permitting...anyone else up for it here??

I think I am going to stick with the wild saturated tigerstripe motif for future bellyboards and paipo's...they just scream "I'm notta seal!" Should be fun to see what the seals think...

Did you see the Jacks Bellyboard on Swaylocks? One of the last postings....boy, someone got lucky...

And how about that Hayden spoon that just went on ebay? I bailed after 411.00 - reserve was at $650. Wonder who got that!

Air con on here, but super thick fog at the beach...weirdest weather ever. Hot Santa Ana winds blowing....and a few miles away, pea soup fog. Go figure...
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I'm working my way through the DVDs, as I like how the smeg ups thrown in. Have 1 and 2, 3 and 4 on my list and I guess 5 and 6 are due out next year. Just think of me as the Dave Lister ( or more likely Holly, definitely not Hilly) of alternate surf forms.....

The spoon ( I was watching it too ) went for something over $700 US to an aussie. Hope he copies it and uses it. The Jack's bellyboard is neat if you're a memorabilia collector, but otherwise forget it.

What's the relative humidity? Warm, wet air moving out over colder water - whack, ya got fog. The good news is it's cutting down the probability of your neighborhood getting crispy.
Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah....

The old school dextra and jacks, look to much like tankers to me...I have the Detxra Sea King...and it actually scares me <laughter> not just the burnt orange color or filed down cutaway fin, but it is thick and very heavy...like turning a tanker prolly...

I have to admit I am addicted to my Hawaiian Design Paipo. I am sure I can design a bellyboard I'd love, and I will get one or two made, but....I am up for trying them all.

The Hansens looks like it might handle better than the Jacks or Dextras.

It has a design closer to my old bellyboard....more teardrop paipo shaped.

My red rover is called The Red Dwarf.

I'm behind on my Ab Fab series.
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're gonna go old school, then go with a genuine old school genuine paipo, say like the ones Nels has shown in http://vagabondsurf.com/PaipoAdsNewport.html. I'm here to tell ya that those worked great and were not especially hard to build. Use standard glass-on fins cut down to size and 8 or 10 oz Volan cloth, a quart or so of resin and there you go.

Hell, if I get my grubby mitts on some 1" foam sheet, I might even make a few myself. Got some nice red cedar or mahog for stringers, couple-three gallons of resin...why not? Might just have me an East Coast paipo factory going. Alternatively, using John Galera's methods for forming balsa sheet..... hmm.....

Shoulda called my CRX the Red Dwarf. I almost miss that car.....

Friend of mine in NYC did some location scouting for AbFab when they did a coupla episodes there ..last year? You ever see the original French and Saunders pre-AbFab stuff?
Birdie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, have F&S on tape, too.

Jennifer used some of my ideas for the AbFab special "The Last Shout" (like getting away from Saffy and going on a ski trip - and - of course, I had posted the ideas on the internet and had gone on about how they would wear oversized ski suits and that Edina couldn't ski...more like a lot of rolling around in oversized ski suits than...skiing, right..so...when they actually did the special, they are in the kitchen, and Eddy announces she is going on a ski trip, and they all sort of shout at her "Well, we all know you can't ski!!"...so..she kept the oversized ski outfits and snowboarded...look, well how else was she going to keep me bloody well entertained!!! We all knew she couldn't ski before the thing was even produced!! but...I digress)

Right, well, my friend Marcy was in that special, too...as the guitar slinging angel next to Marianne Faithfull's God. marcy also lead the choir at Saffy's wedding and...wrote most of the music for that one.

She's doing a gig at BB Kings on Saturday.

If you make Paipo's - We'll buy them.

If AbFab comes to LA, I'll have to get old Patsy on a Mat and Eddy on...a Paipo "Just Hold on....Just hold on!!!!!" "Shark! Shark! Shark!!!!!" {dolphin swims by}.... "Eddy, Eddy, I've overdosed on tanning pills...I've turned black!" "Oh oooo Pats, a lifeguard, quick pretend I've drowned and need mouth to mouth ---- Noooo, not YOU to give me mouth to mouth---get him to do it, quick run along, I'll just pass out here in the sand"

Right Sweeties, Cheers, thanks alot

Birdie
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...and then there's Lenny Henry..... and Blackadder....... and of course Coupling........

FYI - they are shooting the Red Dwarf movie starting in May. Though it looks like Australia is the location. http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/ has more, of course, including how to get at the easter eggs in the DVDs...well, sort of, almost like...

Norman Lovett's daughter was in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.....

and I think I'll cruise the Red Dwarf site for a while.....
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I went the other way last night, "Road To Morroco"...needed to let the head cool out a bit. Great special effects, though...talking camels!
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swine that I am.... the local library has DVDs and vids, interlibrary loan, a few thousand titles, and I can do the requests from here via computer. I'm thinking that I may go on a Prisoner kick for a bit.......
Birdie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: TSJ virus Reply with quote

Hope everyone's computer is ok.

TSJ mailing list got smacked with the netsky or whatever virus.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Prisoner Reply with quote

Dead Link Sad
Kneeridin
Matt Master

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doc wrote:
if you're gonna go old school, then go with a genuine old school genuine paipo, say like the ones Nels has shown in http://vagabondsurf.com/PaipoAdsNewport.html.

Hey Doc - I have both boards listed in the ad. The 3' single fin is my everyday board of choice. It really gets fun taking off next to the jetty, dropping into OH steep barrels, trying to keep a high line and not get worked by the rocks.

Although, the Checkered Demon was a slasher last weekend... The new *Coolest Board In The World*
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, I might have to ask you to do some dimensions off the Concave Vector, crank out some copies.
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's back ! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: