rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create your own Paipo Holiday
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Create your own Paipo Holiday Reply with quote

Mark your calendars. I've decided to create my own Paipo Holiday. My aim is to celebrate it each year on the last Saturday in April. The First Annual Fatty Brown Day will be April 29th, 2006. Fatty was an old friend that used to ride the ply back in the sixties. I'm aiming for a weekend event at a state campground. More details on that later. Even if you can't make it, you can still take the day off and celebrate proneness on Fatty Brown Day.

Of course we could use some more Paipo Holidays. So give some thought to hosting a beach party holiday in your neighborhood. Pick a day that doesn't conflict with existing Holidays, like Father's Day or Memorial Weekend. August has no major Holidays. Think about it.
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy (or hefty) Fatty Brown Day. Soon to be a national holiday. Pick a campground somewhere between north and south like Sand Dollar and I'll meet you there. Let's have a paipo fest. Beer and donuts for everyone! (the traditional FBD feast).
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatty Brown Day will be delayed. I'm still beaten down with the flu and still pretty disorganized from moving. Maybe several weeks from now.
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still up for it.
Kneeridin
Matt Master

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire up a Fatty and slide like it's 1966. Maybe Rodrigo and I can get a Right Coast early start in the water, followed by a Krispy Kreme and Guinness. Hooray for Fatty Brown!
PaipoJim
Director of CTU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kneeridin wrote:
Fire up a Fatty and slide like it's 1966.

You had a reliable connection in 1966?
-
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well boys and girls, I'm getting a late start here on this topic, and sorry about this but I'm halfway to THE FREAKIN MOON RIGHT NOW and feeling downright unrepentant or however you spell that...don't really care if that offends any internet spelling and punctuation masters although out of Southern California Gentlemanly manners I will try to remember to run spell check on this...

Yes, Fatty Brown Day. I almost remember the first one way back in the day, or was that "Kentucky Fried Movie"?

This has all the hallmarks of an instant classic. It is a must . Poobah must get well and healed so he can partake. A Universal Fatty Brown Day... I bet almost everyone around this forum can figure out a calendar within a couple of days of the target date.

There may be fewer of us than kneeboarders but it is almost some mathematical law that the fewer the people, the more fun we can have, together or alone.

Shocked Jeez..spell check...wasn't ready for that tonight...
tumak
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's supposed to be BIG surf here in FL this weekend... just happens to fall nicely upon UNIVERSAL FATTY BROWN DAY! Rest assured, there will be MAJOR PAIPO ACTION goin' down on this stretch of coastline, and I'M gonna be the one doin' it!
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: P.I.D. 2006 Reply with quote

I see this topic has lingered...and since I've spent a few spare minutes between real life interruptions hacking out on a new plywood paipo and a handboard, am getting bogged down in things like my inability to get a real workspace etc... virtually guaranteeing a certain asymmetrical quality to anything made Rolling Eyes ...which I suppose goes well with my bent attitude towards modern life in general...time to get off our collective asses and get this show on the road. So...

In the U.S. we have a major holiday in celebration of our national independence...Independence Day here is held on the Fourth of July. Since I don't think Surfer magazine has done an article on Paipo boarding since about 1969, I'd say the members of this forum can be considered pretty much independent. So let's party!

Mark Paipo Independence Day on your paipo holiday calendars. Consider this a four day stretch this year. Sometime during this holiday weekend Go Paipo...ride a wave, at least get wet, make something that no self-respecting Roxy Gurl would ever be seen with. It is not only your duty but your heritage. Freedom!

In a spirit of sharing and community please file some kind of reports. In the spirit of freedom feel free to communicate about more than just the wave riding too...if for some reason you feel the need to kick the rock and salute the moon, let us know what the view is like.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three good reasons to paipo this weekend:

1. Life.

2. Liberty.

3. Pursuit of happiness.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The holiday weekend started today for me. I have to work, but I had some time to get my Wave Skater out again. At first glance the waves were small walls, and I went out thinking that at the very least I would flush my sinuses...always a good thing. But my first wave was really fun. A long right from outside into knee-deep water. The rest of my morning skater session was fun, too.

Get out there today Very Happy Raft, paipo, handboard or bodyboard. Express your prone independence.
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jumped the gun Thursday night by going to a concert in Santa Barbara, drove the wife to work this morning and I hit Zuma at a very unfortunate low tide very early a.m. By midafternoon the tide change was complete and north L.A. county was kablatt IMHO. But warm summer even in the winds and 4 count 'em 4 more days left in the official P.I.D. holiday weekend. Gotta get some sleep to maintain proper recreational schedules!
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday. No paipo...just a short bodysurf at sunset. Swell was improved over yesterday. Water still 68F. Lots of non beach people come to the beach late in the day on Summer weekends. Cigarette smoke drifting everywhere. It's the final hurtle...get past the landlubbers and into the water. Wash all my cares away.
PaipoJim
Director of CTU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started celebrating my Paipo Independence by laying out the design of a new paipo board on the computer Friday night and finished up a saw horse for use in shaping. Lot's of firecrackers going off in the neighborhood.

Printed out the plans and transferred the co-ordinates to 1/4" plywood yesterday and also modified my workbench by routing out some slots to handle extra hold-down clamps.

Today I got a little off task by spending about an hour re-rigging my day pack to carry an HPD board. Sawed and then glued back together an 2'x8' block of foam to use as a male plug. I hope 3M High-Strength 90 is compatible with Last-a-Foam.

Surf's kinda' flat anyways. Happy 4th to everyone!
-
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday....Had to ride some ply today. This morning was just right for a cubit board like Bobhotep.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: