rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome to the group

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the group Reply with quote

Welcome to our Paipo Boarding discussion group!

P.S. When you create your profile please use reverse syntax for your \"Location,\" i.e., State/Town, or for non-USA, Country/Province/State/Town. This will make it easier to make sense our of a sort on the location field. Thanks!

Last edited by rodndtube on Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kneeridin
Matt Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done...
Bud808
Grommet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I demand photographer credit for this picture! !
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud808 wrote:

Bud's the man holding the camera and shooting me during a swell interlude at Diamond Head, Waikiki (LOL, it was mostly an interlude that day but mucho fun nevertheless!).

Last edited by rodndtube on Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodndtube wrote:
Bud808 wrote:

Bud's the man holding the camera and shooting me during a swell interlude at Diamond Head, Waikiki (LOL, it was mostly an interlude that day but mucho fun nevertheless!).

In fact... visit Bud's site for an avalanche of great surfing pics and session reports.
wanna-learn-to-paipo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Hey all... Reply with quote

HEY! I'm new here. I don't know if this post is intended for that, but I'm going to start another one with my questions anyhow. Anyway, see ya.
global ernie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all, yesterday i spent an hour on the site trying to work out what HPD means. Eventually i realised , the irony being that i have been riding one since late 2003. About as "thick" as the lip of my last barrel. I also ride stand up boards however a serious leg injury in 2006 forced me to get prone .Have had some strange looks on east coast OZ, when asked what it is (HPD) I tell 'em that it's a Queensland pineapple platter. Had a recent stand up session and felt strangely ripped off feeling way to high off the water and all that rocker dragging on take off. cheers, Global Ernie
PaipoJim
Director of CTU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

global ernie wrote:
Have had some strange looks on east coast OZ, when asked what it is (HPD) I tell 'em that it's a Queensland pineapple platter.

Hi Ernie,

You might be interested to learn that Jamie Farfor started building Hawaii'n spoons in Australia way back in 1960!

http://www.surfresearch.com.au/00000193.html

-
global ernie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: oz paipo Reply with quote

Hi Jim, i was aware there was some paipo riders in victoria in the early days but not about your reference. when i was a kid in the mid 60's there were some guys riding single fin plywood boards at Yamba main beach. i see that bgreen in Qld appears to have a red HPD so i guess that if i see another red HPD in the water i will assume it is him.cheers, global E.
bgreen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GE,

How far north NSW are you? When I ordered mine Paul said he had sold one to a guy down Y way, but couldn't find the details. Send a private message if you don't want to advertise. I've never seen another in the water, but then again I have never seen another paipo with the exception of a session at Coolum.

I don't use my HPD much. I usually ride my yellow Galera nofin and have been using my alaia more lately, especially on thinner fast waves. I still ride standup but am out of paddling shape after 2 months in Europe and have been riding my paipo more and more as I usually get lots more waves on the paipo.

Bob
global ernie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: yeah that would be me Reply with quote

hi Bob, i did try to send you a email via this site but i am a bit of a luddite . Paul L. did ask me to contact you but that mail bounced back. is your alaia made by Tom Wegener? How does it go/feel?I used to ride Paul Joske's boards in the late 70's and i know he and his sons Sage and Heath have had some involvement with trad boards.i think Paul is the guy who put Wegener onto pawlonia. i have a place in yamba but live up in the hills.Yeah you do tend to get more and more addicted to paipo, nearly always get at least one barrel per session due to dynamics of the boards. Will sus out the email stuff later, about to head to Coffs for a little immersion therapy. cheers, GE.
bgreen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernie,

Thanks for trying to email. Surffoils said his emails to me bounced but others seem to get through ok. It could be a spam filter blocking things at one of our ends.

Try both these addresses removing the text in capitals:

bgreen@REMOVETHISBIT.dyson.brisnet.org.au
thcstudy@REMOVETHISBITyahoo.com

The alaia was made by Tom. I have not used it consistently, but have had lots of fun on it. I think it is best suited to longer lined, semi-hollow waves. I haven't had it in real hollow waves. Real steep takeoffs are bit of a challenge - I think the board needs a bit more nose lift, but this could just be me. I think one of the Joske's feature in Tom's DVD.

Haven't been to Coffs for a few years but definitely some good waves down that way, especially if you know the nooks and crannies.

Richard from Byron also rids an alaia - all going well I might catch up with him in Feb when I go to Byron.

regards

Bob
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have moved some files around doing some minor restructuring of my paipo folders, so if you see any items linking to my domain that are showing up blanks please let me know.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on the Forums and Web site: Later in the Fall or early in the Winter I plan to move to a different hosting service provider. The reasons are two fold - many pepole in Australia and Europe can not access these web pages and secondly, to fix up the forums. As you have probably experienced, posting takes too long and PM and mass emails do not work.

The downside is that as that time I plan to move to the major upgrade of the forum software. This upgrade, amonst other things, will make it easier to post pics. However, setting up the new forum will require everyone to re-register as I don't want to migrate any "old" problems with the existing forum. If possible, I will move and freeze this forum since it contains a rich history of paipo information.
global ernie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: able to access again Reply with quote

hi all, thanks to rod and also bob green who has kept me informed via email of whats been happening. the interviews that bob et al have done with "old timers" and articles via the forum etc are much appreciated.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: