rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mouse mats

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon Davey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Mouse mats Reply with quote

Just a quick thought. Recycled mouse mats for elbow and hip padding on wooden paipos? They appear to be made of neoprene, right? But what type of glue would you use?
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had me stumped at first. We call them mouse pads over here. I actually thought you were talking about some pest control device. Of course I was only halfway through my morning coffee.

My current mouse pad has a harder surface on the picture side, and I could probably glue it picture side down with a regular brush-on gel contact cement. For a solid neoprene mouse mat, you might want to use 3M contact spray #80. It's designed for neoprene. I bought a can for about $13 USD last month. I didn't need it, but sometimes I like to stock up on chemicals before they get banned here in California. It can happen without warning. I'll let you know how it works when I test it on a neoprene mat to a spar varnished wood.

There's a copy shop near me that will put your photo on a custom mouse pad. No need to put your logo under varnish or fiberglass. Just surface mount it with a custom mouse pad....interesting.
Jon Davey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two nations hopefully not divided by a common language! Thanks for the glue info. That's a great idea about customizing the pictures.
Jon Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried the mouse pad idea on my new ply paipo. Managed to scrounge a load of freebies from work. Some were in a very aesthetically pleasing oval. Glued one on the nose to avoid head-butts - two for elbows and two rectangular pads in a canted manner for the hips. Gives the basic paipo a wonderfully soft feel. It's amazing how few you need to cover most of the board. Since I paid £35 for my last kneeboard deck pad, I'm thrilled. The paipo now reminds me of something from Space 1999! B.T.W it's absolutely going off over here. The first of the decent Autumn swells has hit.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: