rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Headed to Santa cruz 9/11

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birdie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Headed to Santa cruz 9/11 Reply with quote

Hi

I'm headed up to SC on Sat Sept 11th. Will bring Paipo's.

If anyone wants to test drive the Flying Tiger - holler!

I have to pick up a large box of documents from someone....
in SC.

But, want to surf on the way up and down...

So, anyone along the way...if you want to meet up..let me know.

Also, may stay the night, and head back on the 12th.

Whats the best camp ground for sleeping in a truck?

Is anyone going to Paipoalooza? or Swaylocks?

I am already putting off collecting the stuff I need to pick up...and, I need to get that over with, otherwise, I'd go on the Swaylocks weekend and do my pick up, then. Ugh!!!

Birdie
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Birdie,
Haven't heard from you in a while. Henry Cowell is a good camp ground not too far from the beach and should be not very crowded then. I would definately be up for a session, though I am a dawn patrol kind of guy, much less competition. There are a couple of places where you can park on the street overnite, a rougher crowd than a campground.
PaipoJim
Director of CTU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Headed to Santa cruz 9/11 Reply with quote

Birdie wrote:

Is anyone going to Paipoalooza? or Swaylocks?

Birdie

Birdie,

My daughter and I will be hitting the SF bay area on the 12th en route to Swaylock's. I'll be bringing four paipos and a mat. We plan to be be at Plaskett Creek campground by Wednesday the 15th. I think there may be other forum members there. If you want to hook up for a surf session: let me know.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I will be at Plaskett Creek by Friday the 17th. Might be in Pismo or San Simeon for Wednesday and Thursday nights. Not sure how many boards yet, but definately Mr. Waverly, Cherry Bomb, Green Flash and Marvin will be along for the ride.
Birdie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kage

I'll pop my head back in here a few days before I head up. The camper shell heats up as soon as the sun starts to hit it...and gives me the gimme outta here's....so, a dawn patrol would work - plus, I am sure I will be early to bed....

I'll bring the Flying Tiger - you can take it for a test ride.

I got the Voit custom Duck Feet....The perfect summer fins!

I've been busy with work, physical therapy, and, in the pool more than the ocean...we had a great swell a few weeks ago - 6 to 8 foot boomers at Leo Carrillo......I took the flying tiger in...duck diving has never been so fun!! I'm just glad I didn't swim into any kelp beds - when going beneath some of those boomer sets...

When I got out of the water - the lifeguard HAD to find out what it was and totally checked it out...I think he must have been watching me...I just swim down and come up way out the back of waves that just hammer surfers caught inside with me...and one time, a sponger was coming down the line and I just started swimming for the bottom and let him go over me...why bother swimming to the side - into the soup when you can just dive down and let people go over you??? LOL....

I grew up having to dive down and swim under leashless tanker longboards bouncing, unattended, right at me...

Never got hit by one because I just dove and swam down, under them.

Works with the Paipo when people are on waves, too.

LOL

Sometimes, we have our own rules.

I'll be in touch.

Birdie
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdie wrote:
Works with the Paipo when people are on waves, too.
LOL
Sometimes, we have our own rules.
I'll be in touch.

I felt sorry for the booger riders last Thursday. Some of the sets were so relentless for several minutes. I was letting the boogers have some of early waves in a set, because I knew they'd be stuck in the boneyard for a while. With my tray I could get back out and catch a second or third wave in a set. The tray is fun, but it has drag problems in whitewater, because of the continious lip of the tray. It does take off easier than I thought it would. I pushed the limits of the early takeoff, and it was an interesting feeling when the tray caught the wave before I did. When I reeled it in, I seemed to pull myself toward the tray more than I was pulling the tray toward myself. Of course I'm kicking the whole time. Do you get that feeling when you do an early takeoff on an HPD?
John Mellor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Big Sur 9/17-20 Reply with quote

I'm going to try and get there 9/17 AM. Am stoked that there will be a turnout of alternative surfcrafters! Will have Neumatic mat, Surf-O-Plane and maybe some other stuff depending on time and room available. See ya!
Birdie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small change of plans - a friend is driving me up, so, we are looking for a hotel/motel/cabin that will allow a dog, as we will be travelling with one.

SC area.

I'll try to come back up, again, on the 17th, with the truck, et al.

Meanwhile, can do probably an early evening and dawn patrol session while there - depending on conditions.

We are expecting 8' - 10 ' here this weekend, compliments of Howard.

Heavens/Secos/County Line will be goin' off!!!

Whooo hoooo!

Paipo season is ON in so cal!

Hope everyone in Florida will be riding things out OK.

Birdie
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a great time at the Swaylocks/PaipoPalooza. I won't be able to make it this year but will have some time off in October. Amongst several options and destinations is spending a few days with my former school/surfing mate in N. Oregon and then driving down the coast to San Diego.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Birdie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I'll make it to paipoalooza...I have to head up this weekend, and the waves are pretty...errr..weelllll.....maybe I'll find some.

In anycase, I am headed to the Monterey Bay Aquarium on Sunday!!

Maybe I'll run into SpongeBob there.

Birdie
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: