rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photo Contest

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Photo Contest Reply with quote

Photo Contest

Okay, summer got away from me this year but a few months ago I offered the notion of some kind of photo contest using disposable waterproof cameras. Well, here is a "heads up" - this contest is now on, but with new rules.

2 divisions:

Waterproof Camera Division

All Other Cameras Division (digital included).

There is absolutely no restriction on content, subject matter, or taste.

The decision of the judges will be final and possibly drunk. Prizes will be small, cheap, and meaningless, kind of like our place in the surfing clique, but will indeed signify some kind of soul. Handy hint: written explanation accompanying photos might help Explain The Situation.

Winning entries will be displayed on vagabondsurf.com; any submissions will be permission to publish - but all other rights remain with photographer.

I gotta go surfing right now - so more detailed information will be coming soon. There is still a week of traditional summer as of this posting, so get snapping! The contest period will be until at least November 15.
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Official Rules Reply with quote

Official Rules and Regulations are now posted online at the url below, making this more than passing dementia. This contest is, I suppose, open to anyone, but the fact is the only people who will know about it are on this forum or those who stumble into the paipo section of vagabondsurf.com...basically just us. And why not? Everybody else in surfing is catered to like whining soccerbabies on a hot day.

The whole idea is to have some fun...

http://vagabondsurf.com/PhotoContestPaipo.html

Get weird!

Nels
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I didn't take this photo. I just wanted to remind everyone that there's less than one month left to enter Nel's photo contest.
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right folks...don't touch that dial! Thanks Poobah for reminding me the bloody contest entry period is winding down. I think I've been spending a lot of time in the future lately and I'm losing track of the present.

Remember folks - meaningless prizes!

There are 2 divisions but no rules other than judges decisions are final.

Are you having fun yet?
Birdie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took this one the other night at Malibu - Surfrider Beach. They had the surf lit up with 180,000 watts of light...for a RedBull womens surf contest that the Fuel channel, filmed...and, it was sprinkling....then, as it ended it started to pour...

Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Photo contest update Reply with quote

Time for a photo contest update: The judges just haven't had time to get suitably drunk. This is, of course, hard to imagine during the holidays especially, but that's just how it is. The winner is pretty much obvious, as only one of you met the minimum requirements!

Jesus, what a bunch of renegades! Or are you the people who voted for Donna Frye for mayor of San Diego but didn't read the write-in voter rules? Too bad we aren't running the world, though...a lot less war.

So, since the judges are required to meet and be drunk when awarding the meaningless prizes, final word is on hold. The winner will still have the photos posted on vagabondsurf.com for somewhere near 2500-3500 people to see, at least until March 2005 when the website may drift away.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't meet the deadline. My attorney is still trying to determine if late entries can be forced on Nels. Meanwhile I periodically check the Cape May jetty at low tide to see if I can find my self-disposing camera.

No more Vagabond Surf? Will you sell us a CD of files and photos?
Birdie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

I forgot the part about the mushrooms.
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdie, please forward all mushrooms to Poobah's lawyer. Depending on what kind of person that lawyer is, I wouldn't discriminate between magic and poisonous mushrooms, especially if Poobah is putting said attorney on my okole. Either way would probably make my case in court.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: