rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test for Birdie?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Test for Birdie? Reply with quote

Southern California has been having the weather and the waves, Birdie has the new equipment, and on the way home from watching "Passion of the Christ" this afternoon (welfare matinee) I was puzzling over the movie similarities of ancient Palestine and the current military prisoner scandal and the hideous, endless political BS when I heard on KNX that L.A. County lifeguards closed the ocean between Will Rogers and Sunset due to half a dozen White or Mako sharks which moved in this morning.

Any flight plans to test the aquatic camo-deterrent? Twisted Evil Might
almost be worth it...
Birdie

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nels....

I was gonna post about this...

Thats my homebreak!

I took the Flying Tiger out the day before yesterday....

The sharks have been staying below our lifeguard tower and not above it.I was above it, except for the last wave I took in...so...maybe they saw the Flying Tiger and have kept at the line I drew with it... Laughing

I think some are teenaged Mako's (Salmon Shark) and GWS pups this time. There are 5 or 6 of them, one went up to the Baywatch boat, another circled our harbour seal "Slippery" who was sunbathing on his back and waving his flippers around to cool off his stomach...Slippery was out with me on Sunday...Slippery follows me around every spring...I've been followed around by a shark there, too....maybe 5 springs ago....people waved me out of the water...

You can see pictures I took there the week before at sunsetsurf.com- find the surf pix button and click on April, then, click on the first picture...the shots I took are from the sunnier, brighter, bluer day..

My homebreak IS a shark magnet....pups and teenagers.

I hurt my knee sunday night (tibia moved abit out of place, and now, it's like bursitis or a sprain...chiro reset it...ow!) so, am beached for now.

Plus, they have closed the beach for swimming - but only below lifeguard tower 4. They haven't come up to the point -yet.

I'm on my crap laptopkeyboard - gotta go!

Oh, and it is worth it - I don't plan on missing any waves this summer...

You can see my pal, Slippery, and the sharks on the national news.

Cheers

Birdie

http://www.sunsetsurf.com/index.asp
Birdie

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

They saw 5 or 6 of them today, but they have moved 300 yards offshore - the lifeguards opened up the beaches for swimming.

The sharks don't stop us.

One of the pictures I took, up t sunsetsurf.com is titled "sharks at sunset" but it had a smiley on it, originally, as they are dolphins! Still....everyone in the shot looks like they saw some sharks!

We love them....cleans out the line-up.

Knee is improving! I might get back in by thursday.

check out this site - everything listed as will rodgers or pacific palisades is the same...also, you can scroll down for all the Avila Beach and Ocean Beach stories...

http://www.sharkresearchcommittee.com/pacific_coast_shark_news.htm
Birdie

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a picture of one of the little guys in grey flannel....

Probably 5 feet - 80lbs a yearling.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: