rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Johnny Rocco

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Johnny Rocco Reply with quote

I apologize to anyone who e-mailed me in the last couple of weeks. I didn't know my Outlook was messed up. I didn't realize I had a problem until yesterday. I've got some catching up to do.

On the brighter side...I just wave tested my new board Johnny Rocco. We talked a while back about converting skimboards to paipos. Well the elves kept bugging me about the "queer eye for the skimboard guy" thing, and we came up with the skimaroo. That's a board that can be ridden like a skimboard or a lamaroo. Technically Johnny Rocco is a stepdeck skimaroo. Ya, Ya JR looks kind of silly, but this board is FUN. I encourage you all to experiment with something similar. This particular skimaroo is a stock Morey Skim Skate with some cheap booger foam glued on top with contact cement.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The imagination is unlimited!

P.S. I sent you an email a couple of weeks ago with pics for a new member of the Lamaroos, the Big Ass Paipo, now owded by Todd. It's probably deep in your collection. On an related subject, I will be sending pics and specs of my newest board built by Maryland builder, Ashton, in the near future. On an almost related subject, Toby promises to deliver on my Fish by May 8th, or die <g>.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Johnny Rocco Reply with quote

Yes, thank you I got the pictures. They bounced around a buffer or something for a couple of weeks. Does Todd still call it Big Ass Paipo? B.A.P.? The Bapper? Or something totally new? Is Todd on this list?

More about Johnny Rocco. The water test revealed an unexpected benefit of the sheer-sided stepdeck. I can grip it with my forearms. The stepdeck is only 12 inches wide, but it's easy to stay centered on it because of this ability to squeeze the sides of the foam. The board floats well enough that I can use both arms to paddle on a takeoff. Then I grab the wood nose with both hands, squeeze the foam stepdeck between my forearms and I'm docked...I'm one with the board as I make my final fin kicks into the wave.

I put sheer sides on the stepdeck to help prevent water dragging over the top of the foam deck. I wanted the water to sluice between my body and the plywood. Perhaps even generate some lift in some situations. Voodoo science? Maybe, but the bonus of the power steering was a pleasant surprise.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Johnny Rocco Reply with quote

Poobah wrote:
Yes, thank you I got the pictures. They bounced around a buffer or something for a couple of weeks. Does Todd still call it Big Ass Paipo? B.A.P.? The Bapper? Or something totally new? Is Todd on this list?

Todd isn't on the list; he likes to call the board Big Ass Paipo -- B.A.P. might be ok but he prefers the full name. The board was formally called the Super Paipo (because of its supersize).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Johnny Rocco Reply with quote

Oh Surprised so it was his name for the board. Well then Big Ass Paipo it is. I'll start another thread.
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Johnny Rocco Reply with quote

rodndtube wrote:
Poobah wrote:

Todd isn't on the list; he likes to call the board Big Ass Paipo -- B.A.P. might be ok but he prefers the full name. The board was formally called the Super Paipo (because of its supersize).

Todd calls everything Big Ass ______ .

You shoulda seen the Big Ass logboard he had - damned thing shoulda had subdivisions, maybe a post office and definitely a convenience store.

( looking back, realised I missed an 'n', but it's more descriptive anyhow. You couldn't turn the thing with a crack team of Tahitian canoe paddlers.)

Freakin' thing was huge. Before he took it through a car wash and ripped off the fins, that is. Then, one might say the performance suffered somewhat.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: