rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you know where you are on the wave?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoTekSurf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: How do you know where you are on the wave? Reply with quote

This might seem like an odd question but it's something I always think about after bodyboarding. How do you know what's going on with the wave and where you are on it when riding prone? On the handful of times I actually managed to stand up on my longboard on smaller waves I could easily look around and see my position on the wave and where the wave is breaking. When riding prone I always feel like it's just "point and shoot". I feel like I go through the "proper" motions of drop in, bottom turn, and up into the lip but I never really know where I am at the time because my filed of view is so limited.

Does everyone else ride more or less blind or is it more of a "feel" thing you gain with time. Or maybe I need to adjust my position so I can turn my head around more.

I don't know, everything happens so fast. Where I ride in NJ most rides only last 5-10 seconds, especially during the summer. It's difficult to feel like I'm really in control of the board and the ride.

Still having lots of fun though! Some of the few times in life that I catch myself laughing out loud while alone.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: