rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi Everybody

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atlantasurfer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Hi Everybody Reply with quote

I am a long-time lurker, and I have been meaning to introduce myself for a while, but I have gotten bogged down in all of the daily stuff that keeps life on track.

Anyway, I found out about this site and paipos about a year ago. When I made my first one, I said this thing Will Not Work--and of course it surfed great! I'm hooked on making them and riding them. I am finishing up my fourth one now.

Living in the southeast, I thought weak beach breaks had me condemned to just using longboards and SUPs (which are fun but supremely inconvenient for stoke tourists like me), so I am glad I found out about this kind of craft and this community.

Is there anyone else out there who surfs in North Florida? I live in Georgia, but I go back to see friends and family in Jax and I try to surf about 20 days a year.

Also, how do I get photos on this board? I seem to remember reading that I should first put them on facebook or photobucket. Is that right?

Thanks,
Tim
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Negel,

Welcome to the group Smile

Photobucket is usually the best way to post photos. Try to crop the photo to 600 pixels wide before posting to the forums.

Hope you can find some northern Florida riders to join you. There are several down below Cape Canaveral and a few known ones on the Gulf coast (they usually surf in the Indianatlantic area). There will be a paipo expression session in Cocoa Beach next June, usually the 1st or 2nd weekend of the month.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ClanB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo! welcome! Glad to see you have the bug too. Im starting my 1st board this week. I would love to see some pics of your boards.
Atlantasurfer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I saw something about the earlier expression session. That sounds cool.

It seems like everyone you meet in Atlanta is from Florida--this is where southerners come for culture and decent jobs. But my surfing friends think riding a paipo is the same as boogie boarding and my non-surfing friends aren't too jazzed about starting such a demanding hobby (distance-wise) now that we are in our forties.

Oh well, such is life,

Tim
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: