rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from the English Channel

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papajoe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Hello from the English Channel Reply with quote

Hi All

I've been keeping a keen eye on the website over the last year and thought it was time to sign up. I've only got into paipo, alaias and mats over the last year after getting jaded with the stand up surf scene at home. (look into boscombe reef ASR) and you will see what I mean.

Anyway, super stoked too be riding waves in a different manner.

Cheers Papa Joe
bgreen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,

In my e-mail reply I forgot to ask whether the reef has produced decent waves. The track record of man-made reefs specifically designed to produce waves hasn't been that flash.

Board # 3 is looking good. One of mine had a similar outline though was basically flat top & bottom. Should be a rocket.

Bob
Papajoe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob. Sadly the reef has been a massive let down, have a look here http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/features/surfreef/
For something that cost $5million it doesn't have a surfable wave. The bags rise from 20ft deep to 3ft deep in a 10ft takeoff area. It doesn't even pickup the ground swells.
Worst of all the council had to bring forward a beach replenishment programme which as killed all but one break. Bugger!

Thanks for the feedback on the board. Something nice about working with wood, 3 from last year

This was a selfbuild mat from last winter.

Cheers PJ
Papajoe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam computers!
Papajoe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat fingers!
Papajoe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob. Sadly the reef has been a massive let down, have a look here http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/features/surfreef/
For something that cost $5million it doesn't have a surfable wave. The bags rise from 20ft deep to 3ft deep in a 10ft takeoff area. It doesn't even pickup the ground swells.
Worst of all the council had to bring forward a beach replenishment programme which as killed all but one break. Bugger!

Thanks for the feedback on the board. Something nice about working with wood.

Cheers PJ
mrmike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome onboard. what type of mat is that I am into mat riding also I have been into paipos for about 50 years. I find the mat a real challenge been trying to master it for a year now I thing I am getting the hang of it Very Happy

bgreen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,

The newspaper bites make for interesting reading. Seems like the questions are (a) are they going to spend more money on it and (b) will it make any difference. Also sounds like the Kiwis aren't too happy if they are talking legal action.

Keep us posted on any sighting of other paipo riders in your part of the part and developments.

Bob
Papajoe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, Nice collection of Mats you have. The mat I made was based on a 4GF Fatty, the write up is here http://www.surfmat.org/t431-first-time-surf-mat-build. Now that the water is warming up I can't wait to get back on the mats. All I need now is some surf, been flat for months Sad
Papajoe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame really, so much promise and such a let down. I'm hoping to get a few boards out to some of the locals in the future. cheers PJ
bgreen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Mike & others with too many boards have a look at this ad - http://www.thenewspaperworks.com.au/index.cfm?objectid=676FFE17-08D9-3AB0-A98A7E350BB19737

If the text is too small to read download one of the jpg's

Bob
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: