rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TED and others
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJB wrote:
Rod and Ted.....

First outing with the Austin today.....3-5 foot reef break with so so close out shape. I was happy to find it had good flotation......I was happy to find it was very stable paddling and kicking at the same time......easy to get into the wave........and it was quick and I did not dissipate as much energy bouncing sideways toward shore as I do on

Thanks for all the advice guys. I rode today with just the outer fins. Look forward to experimenting On some better waves with the center skeg.

Try a couple of different center fins, different sizes from 4 to 6 inches, and in different positions, to see how it affects the ride and the drive out of turns. In a few different styles of waves and wave size.

Usual arguments/riding characteristics apply to twin fin boards vs. single fin or thruster set-up. Not that one is better than the other but they simply have different riding characteristics.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rickm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: TED and others Reply with quote

I usually wear a 1mil top when I go out. Longsleeve rip curl I bought a while back, it was cheaper than the rash guards. Protects me from the sun and bruises to a lesser extent. It's a mental thing though, I feel pretty exposed without it. I'll wear it on hot days too. Only last year did I go out on some bigger days without it. On big days I'm more likely to wear it, a few years ago I got sent to the bottom and bounced all over the place for a while, it lessened the blows a bit.

No helmet or gloves for me - yet. I'm considering buying some paddling gloves this year.
SJB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rick.......I think the following elbow sleeves will be helpful although I won't try them until I hit warm Mexico water early May.

They are neoprene....and they are velcro strapped so they can be put over a long sleeve rash guard and strapped for comfort.

Mexico in May will be 90s air temp and 80s water temp so I don't relish wearing anything heavier than a rash guard.

http://www.healthylegs.com/prod851.aspx?source=SingleFeed_Healthy+Legs
rickm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm with you on the water temp. Last summer in VB It was over 90, water was in the 80s and I had that top on...pretty warm. Oddly when I went shopping for a top this thing was cheaper than the rash guards. I'll get a guard this year, if only to keep me from getting too much sun. I only use sunscreen on my head.

At one GP Rod's wife had to remove stitches after I had a melanoma removed. That was fun. Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: