rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GoPro users - how do you mount your camera?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: GoPro users - how do you mount your camera? Reply with quote

I'm thinking of getting one for a belated bday gift. One question though - mounting. On the nose of the board might be a bit tight depending on how high it sits. Other option would be a helmet mount - Gath or could I use my skate helmet? I don't surf in spots were a helmet is needed and would hate to tie up a hundred bucks on something I don't need.
OG-AZN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've mounted my GoPro on the nose of a ply paipo, but I'm not really satisfied with the footage compared to what I've seen from others who've gone with helmet or back mounts. Having the wide angle camera mounted just a few inches above the water surface really flattens & distorts the view of the wave. I experimented with raising the camera with a block of wood, and it made a noticeable difference. Higher up is definitely better, you could probably rig something serviceable with your skate helmet. Make sure to use some small bolts in addition to the double side tape to when attaching the mount to your helmet.
bgreen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at - http://www2.swaylocks.com/forums/gopro-camera-setups

This one is probably more general - http://www2.swaylocks.com/forums/surf-hero-camera-go-pro

Bob
ted

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the curved adhesive mount for my gath helmet plus a short leash to a hole drilled in the helmet. The forward view looks great if you are barrelled, but lacks perspective if not. The rear view is more interesting for most waves.

I have also experimented with the camera mounted on the small of my back using an old windsurfing harness. The perspective is great, but duck diving the Austin is like towing a sea anchor. HPD duck diving is fine.

A rear-facing, nose mounted camera on a surf style board like the Austin might be good, but I am leery of my leash knocking the camera loose. (Perhaps my next Austin will have an FCS mount up front and a second leash plug on the tail.)

You can see some video on my youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/PaipoTed
puurri

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leash??????
ted

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, I meant decorative watch band....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: