rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my Austin Paipo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhillyPaipo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: OC MD Reply with quote

50/50 I can meet up in OC MD June 11.. will let you know.

Will be camping at Assateaque St Park long weekends of June 24 & July 1 if you get back to OC area. We have some great camp fires and as fresh as it gets sea bounty (mussels, clams crabs, fish..)
PhillyPaipo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: oc md Reply with quote

can't make OCMD this weekend (11th) but will be in Assateaque for weekends of June 24 and July 1. Let me know if any of you are in the area then.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: oc md Reply with quote

PhillyPaipo wrote:
can't make OCMD this weekend (11th) but will be in Assateaque for weekends of June 24 and July 1. Let me know if any of you are in the area then.

Are you camping the entire week? I am certain that the weekend of July 1st is out... will keep my eye on the swell forecast for June 24th weekend. Ya never know!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhillyPaipo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually do a whole week but will only do weekends on Assategue this year. I will email you my phone number just it case you come there or OC the 1st weekend.

Will do Buxton NC for two weeks starting July 30 if you happen to be down that way. Then will hit Mid Atlantic states (Inc OCMD) for weekends as the Hurricanes come by. Supposed to be good this year.

If we still do not connect I can stop and see you in Baltimore some time .. I have friends there and I go by en route to visit my two boys who are students at UMD @ College Park. We could meet up at the likes of Bo Brooks. I crack with a knife, not a hammer.

Incidentally, I believe the best crab cakes are 50% claw and 50% back fin (claw for the punch and back fin for creaminess). I never use mayonnaise.. just crab, crumbs, scallion, old bay, egg, sometimes carrot and maybe some mustard on top. I always make a mess.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyPaipo wrote:
Will do Buxton NC for two weeks starting July 30 if you happen to be down that way. Then will hit Mid Atlantic states (Inc OCMD) for weekends as the Hurricanes come by. Supposed to be good this year.

Good timing! If something swells up I might make the trip down to Hatteras. Where are you camping or renting your cottage? The week of Sept 10th I will be down at Hatteras in a cottage with a group of surfers -- been doing this for some 10+ yrs. We should have a floor space for a low nightly rate.

PhillyPaipo wrote:
If we still do not connect I can stop and see you in Baltimore some time .. I have friends there and I go by en route to visit my two boys who are students at UMD @ College Park. We could meet up at the likes of Bo Brooks. I crack with a knife, not a hammer.

Incidentally, I believe the best crab cakes are 50% claw and 50% back fin (claw for the punch and back fin for creaminess). I never use mayonnaise.. just crab, crumbs, scallion, old bay, egg, sometimes carrot and maybe some mustard on top. I always make a mess.

LOL, shell fish allergies keep me away from such devilish activities!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyPaipo wrote:

Good timing! If something swells up I might make the trip down to Hatteras. Where are you camping or renting your cottage? The week of Sept 10th I will be down at Hatteras in a cottage with a group of surfers -- been doing this for some 10+ yrs. We should have a floor space for a low nightly rate.

PhillyPaipo wrote:

LOL, shell fish allergies keep me away from such devilish activities!
PhillyPaipo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be in a cottage just up over the dune on Cottage Ave (Buxton). This is a compromise with my wife .. some camping e.g. Assateague and some cottages in the mix. Have to say though that Hatteras in Aug can get a bit intense in the camp ground so I am not complaining. Plus .. ironically .. they let the vehicles on the beach in front of the 'natural' camp grounds but restrict them in front of the cottages.

Nice breaks right out front of the cottage and never gets crowded like the lighthouse. Managed to be there for Bill and some other good ones in the past couple years. Another buddy prone rider (also from Md) will be on the same street those weeks. He also goes back to long boarding in the mid Atlantic states in the 60s.

If the swell comes up .. drop in .. we have an extra room.

Sept is really a great time to be in Hatteras .. probably best waves and weather and water temp. And even less crowds.

Too bad on shellfish, especially living in Md. I was starting to think you lived a perfect life with all your trips and then THIS.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take you up on that offer if possible. In know the spots of which you speak. Cottage is nice in August, especially with the heat and bugs (at my age!).

No regrets on the shell fish. My reaction is so unpleasant that there is NO desire!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: