rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Splinters - Movie Trailer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Splinters - Movie Trailer Reply with quote

Pesce, Adam. (Director). (2011). Splinters [Motion picture]. USA: In Effect Films. [Trailer, film in release.]

My brief take from having watched only the trailer is that it shows people having tons of fun belly surfing, but when the stand-up surfboard enters the scene it becomes competition-oriented and more aggressive. Long live the funsters! See the film trailer here: http://player.vimeo.com/video/22277325.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kid

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first five seconds of that trailer, with the kids bellysurfing, is beautiful.

www.deluxepaipo.com
Soulglider

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: cz Reply with quote

there are no color barriers to mans evil....just add surfing, competition, whatevers.

and it seems good surf movies are getting shorter and shorter but, 5 seconds has to be a record. Wink
mrmike

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHOULD HAVE LEFT IT AS A 5 SEC SHORT FILM Very Happy
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...just classic. I love standup surfing, always have, always will, but the ego that inhabits the sport - the raw equation of standing on a board with walking on water in a western Biblical sense - is more than I can tolerate. Standup surfing has become an ultimate act of conformity. Surfing is golf, surfing is shopping, surfing is jail...

Or not, if you choose other paths.

Nels
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should have stayed paipo
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
choose other paths

amen to that.
Papajoe

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to PNG 14 years ago and nothing can prepare you for life over there, life is worthless. Kill someone, give their family a pig and you're out drinking with them later that day. Saying that it's an amazing place.

Love the vid as well.

Cheers PJ
geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papajoe wrote:
I went to PNG 14 years ago and nothing can prepare you for life over there, life is worthless. Kill someone, give their family a pig and you're out drinking with them later that day. Saying that it's an amazing place.

Love the vid as well.

Cheers PJ
Sounds like life not exactly worthless, it is worth one pig per person. Ouch!!!!
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sounds like life not exactly worthless, it is worth one pig per person. Ouch!!!!

Some hippie once told me "You are what you eat"!
Nels
geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I'm no misanthrope. I love people. A little salt or maybe a splash of Tamari, a sprig of cilantro...perfect!!!
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Pacific Islanders developed an affinity for a certain tinned meat product due to it's resemblance to another historic food source.

Some Parts Are Man
geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle G, they don't call human meat "long pork" for nothing! Yu-u-u-mm-mmy!!!!
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Long pork"?

Oi...

"Alfred G. "Alferd" Packer (January 21, 1842 – April 23, 1907)[1] was an American prospector who was accused of cannibalism. First tried for murder, Packer was eventually sentenced to 40 years in prison after being convicted of manslaughter.[2]...

On June 19, 1899, Packer's sentence was upheld by the Colorado Supreme Court. However, he was paroled on February 8, 1901 and went to work as a guard at the Denver Post. He died in Deer Creek, in Jefferson County, Colorado, reputedly of "Senility - trouble & worry" at the age of 65. Packer is widely rumored to have become a vegetarian before his death. He was buried in Littleton, Colorado. His grave is marked with a veteran's tombstone listing his original regiment in 1862."

Might as well confess I did an upper-division term paper for a "History of Westward Movement" class...I was in that late burn-out phase of educational experience...couldn't come up with a topic and the prof had thrown out some examples at the start of the trimester, one of which I liked..."Food Habits of the Mountain Men". I took that, but decided among the research about venison, bear, buffalo, berries, fish etc...cannibalism!

Amazing how easy it was to get the nutritional information...readily available. Not a heart-healthy diet though from what I remember.

Nels

geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No access to this essay other than in my hard drive so posting it, couldn't resist...

Quote:
Wild animals are alive until they’re dead. Most Americans, on the other hand, are neither truly alive nor totally dead. They sleep but do not dream, and they breathe, but never deeply. They stumble through their days and argue, unconvincingly, between complaints, that they are happy. Elation and anguish are strangely absent from their lives, just as large predators are missing from the landscape. Most Americans will never experience a gore wound, tumble down a mountain, or even get punched in the nose. Their pain is worse. It’s the suffering caused by an atrophied spirit.
Anarchists would have us believe that these people can somehow be awakened, saved, shown the light, liberated. Or better still, that they will one day decide to save themselves. Let’s face it: most people are neither capable of, nor willing to, master their own lives.
With these considerations in mind, there is a strategy I would advocate. Admittedly, it isn’t for everyone. Unlike most tactics, however, its effectiveness does not depend on drawing recruits into a critical mass. It satisfies not only the conscience but also the stomach of that rare person who feels that it’s not enough to defend the wild, but who more than anything longs to be wild.
The strategy I suggest is an example of the permaculture multi-use principle at its best, not only reducing global starvation and overpopulation, but serving to free up much-needed environmental resources. This, in turn, will relieve some of the environmental strain caused by over consumption while simultaneously helping the economy.
Yes, cannibalism is the tactic I support. It does not dilute its message for the media sound bite, but instead bites the anchorperson in the throat. Instead of begging politicians for table scraps, they become the main course. Imagine savage tribes of high schoolers head-hunting in the burned remains of
Wall Street. Artists and activists, malnourished no longer, practice with their homemade bows on the slowest, most bountiful game while it lasts. The once-starving millions now exchange recipes. Copdogs. Monarch-a-la-King. Papal sauce. And in every recovering clearcut, Buddha-bellied gangsters are lounging, picking their teeth, belching beside their cook fires.

John Robbins is an angry kid who doesn’t believe in killing anything more beautiful than himself.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: