rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pierre Louis Costes Paipo vid

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OG-AZN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Pierre Louis Costes Paipo vid Reply with quote

Video of Pierre Louis Costes (pro bodyboarder) riding his alaia -paipo on O'ahu: http://vimeo.com/20185680

If you're not familiar with "PLC", he's a bodyboarding world title contender from Reunion Island. This guy has sponsorship from Nike & pulls off some mind blowing stuff on the bodyboard.
kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! He's got a very Bodyboard-type style, but man he's ripping!!!!!

www.deluxepaipo.com
Soulglider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: s Reply with quote

i'm not the only one who thinks sponges are paipos, right? kids a rippa fo' real!
geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: s Reply with quote

Soulglider wrote:
i'm not the only one who thinks sponges are paipos, right? kids a rippa fo' real!
Totally agree, just high tech materials and they allow some variations in shape like thick enough for the "vacuum track" rails Wink Riding styles vary all over the place. I ride a sponge more paipo style I think...
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i'm not the only one who thinks sponges are paipos, right?

Too bad the lifeguards and the blackball disagree. Sad
I feel my alaias are much faster then any booger I've ever ridden but then again I don't give two sh!tz about flips and spins. Laughing
Soulglider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: vdx Reply with quote

if i cared what people think i would stand up. Very Happy
OG-AZN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's great that this young pro who probably never had exposure to old school paipo riding is giving it a try. Even if you're not into modern bodyboard style tricks, having guys try them on paipos demonstrates the paipo's potential and restarts the progression in paipo riding that was cut off by the introduction of bodyboards. More importantly, a lot of kids who would otherwise be closed minded to riding a paipo are going to give it a try now that they see their hero/international sports star doing it.
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite my obvious disdain for most "tricks" there's no doubt he's a talented surfer and I'm of the opinion that any "surfer" worth his (or her) salt should have at least a passing familiarity with all types of wave craft.
The current resurgence/revival of "alternative" surf toys can't be anything but good for "surfing"; If he's enlightening the Nike masses, so much the better..
That said, I suspect we will remain as we are;
Rare, stoked and just a little off beat. Wink

Here's the board BTW.

I'm sure he'd do just fine on a lunch tray. Laughing
ALOHA!
Soulglider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: vd Reply with quote

gotta love a kid or adult that pushes the limit...it might not be for me but, who am i to tell the world what or how to surf and what is cool or what is fun? my surf idol more than once said, its the feel we're looking for, now how it looks. vive la différence! Wink
bgreen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I thought was really interesting is this guy brings a style learnt on another craft to paipo and basically pulls it off. Many of us learnt to ride paipo without role models (though I would regularly ask John Galera how do you do X). I approached paipo riding from my experience of riding stand-up so I like lines and not tricks. The video did suggest there are lots of ways to ride paipo and they are all fun. The fun of discovery awaits.

Bob
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: