rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Osserman build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good point about trying to stretch a non elastic material! I have not ridden yet but I do think, probably the best bets for the long run are either just ride it with whatever lift you can carve into the nose with existing thickness of your material. And if you want more rocker than that either use foam or do what Mike does and Kid has done some of and build up thickness w/ layers where needed and shape curves into that. No forcing, it runs "against the grain" so to speak
global ernie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: FYI Reply with quote

checkout www.roarockit.com/proddetail.php?prod=01345 might be useful for those wanting to create plywood paipo. the 36"x52" TAP kit would accomodate a lot of design variation and a relatively cheap way to get into vacuum tek
Spudnut

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering how the paipo was coming along. Have you had a chance to ride it. I have been contemplating doing this myself but am worried that I would be getting myself in way over my head.
geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spudnut, if you are referring to mine, it is still being held in storage waiting for trip to ocean. Took it to San Diego soon after finishing but the waves were so tiny and weak they barely and I mean barely rideable on a slightly overinflated mat. So it stayed in my car. Living in Colorado now and no telling when I will get back to the beach. Just in my dreams...
Spudnut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen you say that you live a long ways from the beach, but talk about an understatement. Any chance a paipo works as a river board?
bgreen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoffrey,

Have you posted any photos of the finished board?

Bob
geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boogie board better on river, need some float!

Here are only pics I have at the moment, the template is what it is. The nose has 1 1/2" rocker and zero belly, goes to flat about 1/4-1/3 of the way back. Tail shot shows the concaves which pretty much end at front of "hips". Hope they aren't too big to see...

Board is buried in a storage unit at the moment and wife out of town with car (past 5 weeks). When she returns its off to Illinois to visit aged mom then when back she takes off with car for another week then we get to move. Oh for joy!

One of these days.....
geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I also thinned the rails to about 1/8 inch by putting slight roll underneath
bgreen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoffrey,

Thanks. Looks like you did a good job.

Bob
geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob, came out pretty clean. I ended up glassing w/ 1X4oz since the wood is pretty stressed in the concaves. I had a just barely enough epoxy left from a surfboard build a couple years ago and a tiny test batch proved it still viable. All I had to buy was the cloth.
bgreen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoffrey,

When it's out of storage and you have survived the move, I'd be keen to see the finished board.

Bob
geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do! I should have a photo or two in my archives just because so I will get on it when I can. Also, get on surfing it sometime!
bgreen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last point is the most important one.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: