rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paipo Interview Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bgreen wrote:
Rod,

In the Margan & Finney book, as well as the Klein Book we can identify some of the un-named paipo riders. Did you want to add surfers names - where known?

Puurri may be able to assit with some of the Cronulla photos.

regards

Bob

Yes, we can do that as long as it is verified! Otherwise we should caveat the notation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bgreen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod,

Jim Growney has advised me that the cover shot on the Klein book is:

"Makaha – 1962 – John Waidelich dropping in on an unidentified
surfer. The surfer is being followed by Wally Froseith and
George Downing".

The second photo which is also repeated is:

"Makaha – 1962 – Jim Growney about two rockets away from an
unidentified surfer on a glass smooth day."

I have no inf on the third photo though could ask.

Margan & Finney - see the photo captioned"Screaming across the face of the wave on a belly board makes for exhilarating riding.":

This photo is found in Surfabout 2(6). I'll send you the photo. Not sure why we don't have this in Leigh's interview. I thought we did.

See this forum post - http://www.rodndtube.com/paipo/forum/viewtopic.php?t=971&highlight=gibson

I believe Puurri (Rick) is referring to this photo: "A sight not often seen, body surfer and belly board rider on the same wave. The beaches of the world have become so crowded, board riders and body surfers are today in separate areas".

regards

Bob
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bgreen wrote:
Rod,
This photo is found in Surfabout 2(6). I'll send you the photo. Not sure why we don't have this in Leigh's interview. I thought we did.
Bob

Still waiting on this scan (I think) from the Surfabout 2(6)... include the page numbers for the article/photo, as appropriate, and hi-rez scans. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bgreen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod,

I only have the pdf that I uploaded to HUMYO.

Everyone else, more of Rod's handiwork is here:

John Kovar and the malaroo. Includes some video footage.

http://mypaipoboards.org/interviews/JohnKovar/JohnKovar_2010-1211.shtml

Mick Potter - another Gold Coast ply paipo rider form the 60s.

http://mypaipoboards.org/interviews/MickPotter/MichaelPotter_2010-0812.shtml

Bob
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: