rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

here they are!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulglider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: here they are! Reply with quote

Finally! Soulglider paipos are here and are flying hot off the grill! Check 'em out at:

http://soulgliderpaipo.blogspot.com/
mrmike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool tim you got it right flat is it (you under cut my price by $1) I wish all the best and hope you sell alot Very Happy
kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing Soulglider's cool paipos, I decided to make another pick-style paipo, but without bending or spooning the nose. I suspect, after building and riding a few of these, that in most conditions, the rockered or spooned nose doesn't have a huge effect on how these boards ride. The narrower ones definitely hold a higher line with the spooned nose, but the wider, flatter paipos seem to pearl just as easily with a rockered nose as with a flat one. Having said that, the HPD shape is the only one I haven't tried with a completely flat nose. So here goes!

www.deluxepaipo.com
geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I suspect, after building and riding a few of these, that in most conditions, the rockered or spooned nose doesn't have a huge effect on how these boards ride.

Isn't that the issue though? Those conditions that are not "most" of the time, relatively rare in terms of total riding time, are just when you really really do not want to pearl or catch the nose and loose your speed and when a bit of rocker and/or belly would really make a huge difference. The rest of the time, no big...
kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you're saying Geoffrey, but my point was that on the wide, pick or HPD boards, spooning the nose actually doesn't seem to make the board less prone to pearling. I've found that by using an angular approach to my take off, and even using a controlled side-slip, I can make the drop on the steepest of waves with no problem. Once I'm down there and trimming, I find that rather than providing lift, the wide spoon nose creates a noticeable drag, like the whole front of the board is being sucked down into the water. This effect is far less noticeable on the narrower (under 18 inch) boards, in fact it seems to make them hold in and turn much better. The wide boards are by far the fastest thing I've ever ridden, but they really don't handle choppy conditions all that well. So since I really only use them in fairly clean conditions, I think flatter will be faster. I'll post a ride report as soon as I get this new one wet!

www.deluxepaipo.com
kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I handed this one over to my mate Kyme (kymefarley.blogspot.com) and he worked his spray-can magic. Retro colours, distressed for that retro look!

www.deluxepaipo.com
bgreen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a blank under the house for months, from which I had cut out an outline but not touched since. Today I reduce the thickness and shaped it. Almost ready for sanding.

It's a guitar pick style board with a wide tail. I might try it with hard corners and then over time add some curve.

When it's a bit more finished I'll post a photo. Bit of nose lift but overall fairly flat bottom.

Bob
kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound cool Bob! Lookin forward to seeing it!

www.deluxepaipo.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: