rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Australian Longboard magazine - paipo article

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgreen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Australian Longboard magazine - paipo article Reply with quote

There is a an article on paipo in the current issue of Australian longboard magazine.

Kid and I get a mention, as do some early paipo riders and design pioneers.

The article gives the impression that I designed the board I ride. I'll see if I can correct that. The board is one made by John Galera.

Lots of paipo board photos.

regards

Bob
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me the scanned pages already!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article also says that I've been turning some heads at Bells, "paddling into some beasts on his home-shaped, ply paipo's"!

As a certified small wave coward, I'm reminded of Mark Twain's saying "Give a man a reputation as an early riser, and he can sleep till noon!" Ha ha! I'll let that one go, I think!

www.deluxepaipo.com
bgreen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJ,

There were a few things I would have written differently if it was me, but I appreciate what Bob has done. I'll try to scan a copy - the tight binding makes it a little difficult.

Dick Ash rang stoked.

regards

Bob
kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Bob, I've done some freelance writing for non-surf related mags, and they'll print anything thats well written, well researched and has good quality pics to go with it. Why don't you write something and send it to Pacific Longboarder, or Slide, or even to one of the bodyboarding mags? Mag editor's love nothing more than having their work done for them!!!!

www.deluxepaipo.com
bgreen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJ,

Dick Ash is keen for some more paipo stories and I have been speaking to a guy who researched Ernest Smithers, who created the surfoplane. This guy really wants what he knows recorded so I plan to look into this once current family dramas are resolved.

John Kovar from NSW raised the topic of a paipo get together. I mentioned your SCABS. I hope to get an interview with John organised in the not too distant future.

Bob
kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Paipo Pow Wow would be awesome! I'd be there with bells on!

www.deluxepaipo.com
puurri

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bells on". very droll. I'm up for a bit and might suggest Bombo or "Cowries" for a challenge as Vooie is very occasional.
bgreen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puurri,

The south coast is probably central to Victoria and Queensland. I'm not sure how much interest or capacity there is for people to get away but once some home sagas are sorted out I can ask around.

Bob
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: