rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wood tombstone Paipo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gdog101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: wood tombstone Paipo Reply with quote

So, I am making a 48" long paipo in the shape of a tombstone. Its 21" wide at the shoulders and 14" wide in the tail. It is about 3/4 inch wide.

Are these good dems?

I am also gonna put two halfmoon keels. How high from the tail should I put them? and how far apart?

thanks for your thoughts Very Happy
Soulglider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: vds Reply with quote

there are no such thing as bad dimensions in paipo building. different dimensions work differently. usually, whatever looks right, is right and if it isnt, tweak it in the next one. for the waves i ride, i find that any sort of break in the outline (stings or wings) works best to both help me stay high and with turning. narrower (19-21" wide) under my hips is easier to turn. i like the wide point to be behind my elbows so that catching water in the face while turning isnt a problem, the wide point is usually what catches and throws spray. personally, i dont like that! as for fin placement, experiment. you probably dont really need them. i would finish it without and then IF you feel you need them or that you'd like them, put them on. just my opinions but, my opinions are worth every penny you paid for them! enjoy the glide!

soulglider
(soulglider paipo coming soon at www.soulgliderpaipo.blogspot.com)
gdog101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Ill just go with the flow I guess. I have made two alaias but I guess paipos are a little different in there shape (or I want to make one that looks different)
Soulglider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: cs Reply with quote

Do iT! its a blast to make these things and who knows, you might stumble onto a magic board...i have about 10 times Wink good luck.

soulglider
(soulglider paipo coming soon at www.soulgliderpaipo.blogspot.com)
gdog101

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]file:///var/folders/Qx/QxU0F-xJGs4a4ta7sJPOt++++TI/-Tmp-/com.apple.mail.drag-T0x10051fbc0.tmp.ojlU5K/photo.JPG[img]

here is the cut out of the board does it look good to you?[/img]
Soulglider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: d Reply with quote

sorry bud, cant see it.
gdog101

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang it. how do you get a picture to post on this site?
mrmike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got to put your pics on a site like photobucket then put it on this site. it took me a long time to think it out Question
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: