rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Fins

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Need Fins Reply with quote

In the 30+ years since I was in the water, my fins and wet suit have kind of rotted away. What stores on Oahu would you suggest I might visit to find some new gear. I read the "Fins" post and found it very instering and informative.
Now it's time to put some money down.
Laughing
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Fins Reply with quote

Stan wrote:
In the 30+ years since I was in the water, my fins and wet suit have kind of rotted away. What stores on Oahu would you suggest I might visit to find some new gear. I read the "Fins" post and found it very instering and informative.
Now it's time to put some money down.
Laughing

By "fins" I will assume you mean swim fins, or flippers, and not fins that go on the board, or skegs.

Fins are a tough item to recommend -- we all have our favorites depending upon our riding style, foot/ankle/leg strength, foot width and several other factors. Flippers for cold water (think 5mm to 7mm or fin sock) could very well be a different brand than what you use in warm water (thin lycra socks).

Your best bet for a wide selection of swim fins will probably be at a surf shop that specializes or has a wide selection of bodyboarding gear. Try several types/models on for starters. See if you can even rent a couple different types to try out in the water.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice, I stopped by Downing Hawaii this afternoon and saw Da Fins... but they didn't have my size.
I seem to remember we use to use much longer fins in "the olden days".
Laughing
I'm going to shop around some more. I saw 2 other places, but thy only had surf boards. I wonder where everyone in Honolulu buys their Buggie Boards? I bet they'd sell swim fins.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:
662 Ride Shop
1960 Kapiolani Blvd. #108
Honolulu, Hawaii 96826
(808) 626-5722
(also known as www.662mob.com on the Internet, a bodyboarding dealer)

Also, contact Neal Miyake, sponge@hisurfadvisory.com, and he will let you know who is selling swim fins and bodyboarding equipment. Tell that friend, Rod, the paipo guy referred him to you. Leave him your phone number to call and talk about shops. Best of luck!

Also, a lot of the paipo guys go down to The Wall / Queens to ride on the weekend so try to check it out in the morning.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: