rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photos from the Big Island

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ted

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Photos from the Big Island Reply with quote

We had a decent NNW swell today. Some of the North Kohala spots were working well (including a spitting cloudbreak about a half mile offshore). Here are photos in my public paipo photo album: http://picasaweb.google.com/tedhon/PaipoPhotos# (The three photos before the whale photo, the whale photo, and the two cloudbreak photos are from today.)

I'll also post some video of a gnarly left in North Kohala that looks really scary.
geoffreylevens

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really nice shots. Especially like the one titled "Salani Right on the HPD, 2008", 3rd after whale shot as it reminded me of when I made a plywood paipo w/ same dims as regular sized HPD. First go out on it was 6-8 foot faces in sand dredging, top to bottom, beach break. Being only 5'3" and 110 pounds, and coming off a couple years riding only Neumatic surf mats, you can probably understand why I felt like I was suddenly trying to fly a barn door in a tornado! Laughing
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice!
ted

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the gnarly youtube video from North Kohala. That's an overhead+ wave breaking onto a foot of water with assorted rocks. It almost looks makeable. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbulc2k-vKM

We may have a go at the cloudbreak this Saturday if I can borrow my buddy's zodiac.
ted

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo from this am:

More at: http://picasaweb.google.com/tedhon/PaipoPhotos
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, nice, nice. Why am I not in this picture?
ted

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on over anytime. I have plenty of rock-tested boards, rock-tested helmets and ... rocks. Gotta like rocks here. Very Happy

Winter surf is really inconsistent on the Big Island because most of the NW swell is blocked by Maui and Oahu. In a desperate act this morning, I jumped in off a rock shelf and paddled across two bays to get to some promising looking surf that broke really close to some rocks. Because of the long paddle, I took my kneeboard rather than a proper paipo - a decision I regretted once I tried to surf. (I'll post to youtube a really bumpy belly ride on kneeboard.)
ted

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bumpy ride on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRNJuP98ld8

The video makes the rocks look farther away than they are.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: