rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

California Paipoalooza
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birdie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John...

Welcome to the group....!

If you'd like any music at S.A - contact my surf buddy, Ms. Jamie at Machturtle...

She can set you up with The Mermen or any number of surf bands...

And, can probably get some CD's donated to the auction.

She has been dying for a bellyboard (she bodyboards) for ages, so, this would be a great event for her to maybe get some test drives in and hook up with some shapers...

For her day job, she reps for Hobie, etc.

Here is her website for surf music...

Give her a holler!

http://www.machturtleprods.com/
Jeff Chamberlain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Paipoalooza..? Reply with quote

I think the concept of this event is great. My vote would be to try and aim for the Plaskett Creek site on the same dates at the Swaylock's bash. They've locked the 'group sites' up, but if somebody could get there a day or so early and get a bunch of the other 'day sites', it might be workable. There are also a few other campgrounds to the north (Kirk Creek and Limekiln S.P. Kirk is first come, first served, but Limekiln, being a SP, can be reserved online, and is a short distance north). As with everything, where's there's a will, there's always a way.

If you could pull it off, the synergy between the two groups would be something to see. Also, the surf up there that time of year is almost guaranteed and it's far less crowded than many of the venues in SoCal already mentioned. Plenty of good spots in a short distance to space everyone out. See you up there...!
Birdie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we'll have more than one Paipoalooza!

Probably some mini ones before the S.A one...

Right now we are in rain/run-off mode...

So, I'm headed to the pool all week with my CamoTray and udt's.

Dive dive dive!

Birdie
John Mellor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Thanks Birdie... Reply with quote

There was a surf band (Surficide) last year. They brought a generator and we had special permission from the campground operator. The general consensus seems to be skip amplified music this time. During the day, when they played, most everybody was down at the beach anyway. Impromptu acoustic jams around the campfire seemed more appropriate.

Nice to check out your friend's site though. Maybe she should attend and give some different surfcraft a try? Last year we had everything from various air mats to "El Paipo Grande" - an 8'8"(!) bellyboard that everybody seemed to get a kick out of.
Birdie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She'll want to do it only if she can schedule sales repping (in Nor Cal) around the trip. She does the drive, stopping at all the surf shops she has CD's and other things in, so...if it works into her work schedule, no prob...She does the drive too much for work, as is....

I am working up more local trips for spring/summer....

I just found out a co-worker has a 30' powerboat but used to have a small skiff that he used for going surfing with - all the time - so....this is going to be a fun summer....except, I don't think we need the gas sucking powerboat!

I'd love a Greenough 17' - might be a good goal, as one would be useful for helping to plant giant kelp beds in the Santa Monica Bay....those udt fins come in handy for things like that, too.

Cheers,

Birdie
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: