rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sept. 2009 - What are we doing?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Sept. 2009 - What are we doing? Reply with quote

Over the weekend I stopped in the Beach House in Santa Barbara. I was going into the board area when I looked over in a floor-level display area and saw two foam/fiberglass bellyboards. My jaw about hit the floor. I picked one up and checked it out, then the other. They were "modern retro-labeled" Santa Barbara Belly Boards and looked to be modeled off some 1964 Jack's or Jeffery Dale kind of "mini-log". There was even a glassed on old-style wood longboard fin.

I have to say they were fun looking. My initial thought was wall hanger, maybe built from manufacturing drops (excess material) from a regular board shop, but I don't know. As the day wore on they kept popping into my head...that might be fun. Communicated with a couple of people known around here (but fairly inactive these days) who know me pretty well and both responded that they thought I would be very disappointed if I got one to ride, suggesting I'd likely enjoy something of my own thrashing more than that. One made the astute observation that I was "overdue for a change"...that rang like a church bell. I can't be the only one looking for Something Else.

So, end of summer 2009 in the North, beginning Down Under: what are we riding, what are we interested in, where are we going? Where do we want to go?

Nels
Soulglider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: xa Reply with quote

well, i'm riding combo of boards. all of them thin for a guy my size 230 lbs at 6'5 DING! 4'5 is the board i'm riding most these days (for 2-10'). i still love the finless creation mike built and hated but i love. its thin and it loves barrels.
mrmike

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been riding three new boards I finished last mounth one 44" and the other 40" MRMIKE Cool

bgreen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nels,

Only the vaguest of ideas where I am going. Plan to buy some paulownia blanks but from there, mmm?

Options include, something like one of the precursors to the HPD; a slightly v-bottomed bullet nosed board, a wide tail - narrow nose board or a less extreme more drawn out version of the HPD.

Not sure yet - I may be guided by the doodles I draw in meetings.

Bob
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: