rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hawaiian Designs Paipos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phantom
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Shark Camo Decal Reply with quote

Birdie, where does you gets this Shark Camo? Work on Killer Whales, too?Buggahs keep chewing me leash.
Birdie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Letter from Paul re: Duckdiving Reply with quote

Ola..

I let Paul know about this forum and to send any new or old HPD owners by...

In the meantime, he is busy building boards and I am going to post a letter he wrote to me regarding duck diving with a paipo.

From Paul Lindbergh:

Yo Birdie,
I had a thought. When we were kids there were plenty paipoboarders in the water and you always learned from everyone around you. You don't have that (but you will soon) bummer. well at least you have a board.

When you are in big waves caught inside or trying to get out side, don't just duck dive. Dive all the way down to the bottom. It's not a duck dive. Start to dive and extend the board in front of you, get real close to the board as the wave passes over then extend again and come up the back side. Start the dive a long time before the wave gets close. this gives you time to stay calm and do a nice deep slow dive. If you get down deep enough you can actually make your way out under water. You shouldn't get pulled inside at all. You end up way outside and calm and ready to take off. People will hate you for not getting all beat up and for being there for the outside sets.

The board is good for kneeling or jackstance. I know some guys who only Jack stance on their board and never ride prone. It works very well. And you are right, it's different, but fun.

Aloha
Paul
Birdie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantom,

Are they really chewing on your leashes??

Ooo, hope one doesn't take off with it in their mouth...

You know, stuck between the big pearlies...

Maybe you should carry a toothbrush (BIG from Pep Boys, used for washing cars...) and tell them your leash isn't dental floss and you'd be happy to give um a little scrub??

We have migrating greys down here who have been known to lift up surfers and throw them 6 feet, like beach balls...one however had his leash get stuck on a fin or something and was dragged underwater for a spell...kinda scary...best advice is take off your leash when you feel a nibble....

Shark Camo might make them want you to clean their teeth...so....leash may still be used as dental floss....

Ahhh...I'd go for rubbing them as a diversion....

Beats being mistaken for a seal though...

I mean, a meal.
Phantom
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Happy Meal! Reply with quote

Those Grey Whales sure can be pesky, used to having them sitting inside the line-up at La Push. Once, one took off down the line, on a set wave. Poked its head bout ten feet out of the wave face.I was riding along,muttering something about getting shoulder hopped, when i noticed the girl who was surfing alongside me was proning it to the beach. So I followed her in, to see if she was O.K. Visibly distressed, she stated the whale had spooked her, and she had crapped her wetsuit....never saw her out again.
John Galera

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Hawaiian Paipo Designs Reply with quote

Kage: I never tried one of Paul's boards, but it looks very similar to boards Uncle Steamboat and his older Brother Mo Mokuahi use to make in the 60's. I learned on those boards, till I got too fat and needed the help of foam floatation.

Hey Paul I'd be glad to try one of your boards if you got a extra one lying around. Aloha John
Scooby
Grommet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John,
I have one of Paul's boards and trust me, weight is not an issue once you catch the wave and start planing. I'm a big guy and I put my fiber glass and foam belly board up on the rafters in my garage. It was just too much work getting out. With Paul's paipo I know I will never get stuck in the pit and winded. Once you find your place of balance on the board, it will charge !! I like hearing the hiss of the water as I'm making my way down the wave. There's nothing like hearing that sound.
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too true. I am no slim jim but the lack of floatation (floateration) (floatabatility) never bothers me. But I can see you are doing alright with those nice looking boards. Can you kneeride them? Who's Uncle Steamboat and his big brother Mo? Sounds like Beany and Cecil.
Birdie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be harder to Paipo if you were a skinny bones...

People with more bodyfat float better.

Skinny people drown first in shipwrecks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: