rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Egyptian Paipos or Thrusters?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Egyptian Paipos or Thrusters? Reply with quote

I was searching around for some sphinx graphics and I came across this. It looks like people heading to the beach with their paipos.

Phantom
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you have there is the Production Flow Plan for the Cobra factory....
Birdie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha haa...

The ancient egyptian's used to stand on reed boats and with long poles, cruise the Nile, hunting croc's and birds....and watching for hippo's.

I think that means "going to the river with my reed boat".

You know how people stand on paddleboards??

Like that...
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes. The recent work of some egyptologists has brought us new meanings to many of these hieroglyphic characters. For instance;

a the fabled Beach Chair of the Gods, along with the Ukelele of the Gods.

b The Bent Paper Clip of the Gods

c No Golfing Allowed Here

d The Chinese Hat of the Gods Flys Away on the Celestial Broomstick...the significance of this one is not yet completely understood.

e The Hot Soup of the Gods..... some researchers think this may be a Paleo-Minestrone, some think it may be simply hot Nile water which all by itself contains enough stuff to make a very heavy soup.

f The Football Goal of the Gods, beside the Snowboard of the Gods.

g The Fresnel Lens of the ancient Egypt, though in ancient Egyptian it was referred to as the Phresenel Lens. Never built, as the Egyptians were unable to make adequate glass. This is also why there were no windows in the Pyramids.

h Part of the 43rd Dynasty, the Pharoah Amon-Neggs and his son Phred. Note how Phred is doing the Sacred Neck Exercises so that he can, when his time to take the throne comes along, wear the Ridiculously Heavy Silly Hat of the Pharoahs that you see on Amon-Neggs to the right.

i The Golf of the Gods - the Three Hole. It is now understood that the Egyptians invented an early form of the game now known as golf. They never really succeeded, though, as their courses consisted entirely of sand traps.

j Snowboarding in ancient Egypt. Note the handy portable Royal Cabana for taking off the Ridiculously Heavy Silly Hat of the Pharoahs. Like their invention of golf, this was doomed to failure, as there was damned little snow.

k Several failed designs for chariot racing tracks. The abrupt ends of the tracks were incompatible with the total lack of any brakes on chariots of the era.

l Ah yes - the famed Insulated Cup of Coffee of the Gods. What scholars are trying to decipher in other texts is what it actually contained. Latte is out, as is espresso. Other than that, researchers are still stumped These originally date from the reign of the Pharoah Mokajafa III and Queen Nescafe.

m Finally, the only actual attempt at surfing the Nile Tidal Bore. The Pharoah Amon-Deptruble waits for the tidal bore with his Royal Inflatable Bunny ( named Nefainnamillyunyeaswillitwurk, as an aside ). Note the skull-like item immediately below and the two serpents to the right, the indication that Death Shall Come to Those Who Snake The Pharoah.
tumak
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! And, I think right there at your f and g designations is an early Egyptian reference to down rails. The three vertical lines illustrate board center, rail, and ideal stringer placement for those Egyptians who wanted that classic three-stringer look to their paipos. Egyptologists have been struggling to understand these obscure glyphs for over a century...I'm glad we are finally figuring this stuff out! Gotta help those folks out whenever we can!
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Be Free Reply with quote

A professor at the local university sent me this interpretation:

doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm... i knew the el paipo pintail design was kinda obsolescent, but......
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: